1980´s Olmo Gentleman - La Biciclissima

What a great mix between touristic and competition bike. Nice bike for a weekend trip. Great idea and great project! Enjoy!

bugloss":3reog3qz said:
It looks fantastic, but why did you replace the saddle?
To keep the original in good shape, in case of one day I decide to sell the bike. And the material is not very "rain friendly", it soaks a lot, I do not like the feeling.

Gastheerg":3reog3qz said:
What a great mix between touristic and competition bike. Nice bike for a weekend trip. Great idea and great project! Enjoy!
Many thanks for your comment. I really like this bike, it is an awsome ride. And not just on weekends, it is my daily ride, (although not for long, meanwhile I managed to have another bike for my commuting).

Upgraded the saddle with a Brooks Team Professional and a new pair of Weinmman levers. Not quite sure what model they are, but they look life Campy Super Record.

DSC02046_zps27bdcee0.jpg

DSC02049a_zps4588e567.jpg

DSC02052a_zps04a7c5e6.jpg

Nice! Beautiful and useful bike! I'm planning to design some Olmo decals to make a drinking bottle replica for my Olmo. If I'll ever come to realise this plan, I'll be happy to send you some decals if you want!

Flandria":1ngx38u6 said:
Nice! Beautiful and useful bike! I'm planning to design some Olmo decals to make a drinking bottle replica for my Olmo. If I'll ever come to realise this plan, I'll be happy to send you some decals if you want!
Thanks for the comment and yes, please not me if you go ahead with your plan :)

This Olmo is ridden every week, I alternate my commute between this bike and another one. It is a great ride.

Back