USE ALIEN seatposts that go.."BANG"..

alkingsmill

Old School Hero
Riding back from Sherwood pines i thought my bike had exploded, i can't give a better description, i've never heard anything like it. In a split second there was a bang that i felt in my arms and i expected to see the floor come rushing up towards me. I managed to get my feet out and luckily my ass was forward far enough to avoid an injury that doesn't bare thinking about, i thought my frame had snapped, looked round in a frenzy, no obvious damage apart from a missing saddle...that was 10 yards away in the road.
I got the post off someone on here (can't remember who), and remember him saying 'check it from time to time, they tend to work loose' i also remember the same thing happening to someone else. That's a major design fault and i would advise anyone riding one to chuck it in the bin (or put it on ebay quick). If you're thinking of buying one cos they look sexy...just don't. Ten minutes later someone pulled out on me when going at 30mph but it wasn't as scary as riding on a USE ALIEN seatpost.

dude that happend to me at the crossing of finsbury park and seven sisters road in london. I fell and almost got run over by a double decker... although it was about 6 years ago still got the scars from it. Its funny how you describe it becouse that popping sound was the last thing I remmember before hitting the asfalt. Not the most pleasent experience.

Wish i had read that thread before buying, didn't realise so many people had the same problem.

Sexy bit of kit but avoid like the plague.

"Really helps if you read the manual to be honest. They need to be done up tight" No shit !!

I had one on my yo-eddy when it arrived :shock:

soon took that of, and flogged it on evilbay,I now use a carbon inline USE an i trust that more than the alien,
that said i remember undueing those stupid little bolts and it just wouldn`t move
,i had to wack it a few times for it to shift ;)

anyone wanna buy a blue USE alien seatpost :cool:
2587005292_36881d076d_o.jpg

Dar Kuma":1g7ppr94 said:
anyone wanna buy a blue USE alien seatpost :cool:
2587005292_36881d076d_o.jpg

That's not your one is it? You do know it's fitted back to front, don't you?

Back