Waste Collection farce

psyclone1976

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
With this talk about councils wanting to tax by weight for the refuse in our wheelie bins my dad said he would just put any extra waste in the neighbours bins down the road!! :LOL: :LOL:

Will councils be providing bins with lockable lids as well? I've got nowhere to put my bin where it cannot be accessed by anyone walking past the front of the house :?: :?:

Yes that idea was such a great idea. The mad thing is some councils are still thinking of doing it :shock: :LOL: :LOL: I can see the country side getting very messy :(

They are completely missing the point, it is not about the amount of stuff you throw away - that is down to the hideous amount of packaging - it is all about recycling responsibly. And councils have to help with that by making it easy peasy with proper closing recycling bins or recycling points dotted around the place for those who do not have space for 2 bins.

It is so blinking obvious to us that charging by weight can't work, why can't they see that?

South Bound":imbu9z0f said:
It is so blinking obvious to us that charging by weight can't work, why can't they see that?

Its because they the council want you to do the recycling, They want you to sift through all your rubbish, sort it out then take it to your local recycling centre. Cheeky Barstewards that they are will then increase your council tax to cover the cost of these recycling centres then probably drop the wages of the bin men as they aren't carrying as much.

I've a good mind to start getting rid of the unnecessary packaging at the supermarket doors. they have bins outside the supermarket or i could just start throwing it on the floor to make a point to the supermarkets that they need to take the lead in reducing the amount of rubbish we throw away.

I hate the way 4 park of yoghurt's come's wrapped inside a completely pointless cardboard wrapper. It's pointless!!

Yep agree completely. I always take the flyers out of papers and magazines now, never use carrier bags (well, when I remember the reusables anyway!) and try to pick stuff with the least packaging.

Sounds a bit girlly, but I liked the old Body Shop idea that you took your empty shampoo bottles back and they reused them. Same thing with a place called Oil and Vinegar (think they went bust), but you took your own bottles in and filled them from large containers in the shop.

I remember oil and vinegar. Another thing that seems really stupid is that certain products that you use all the time, say toiletries etc, come in such small bottles, i'd be much happier buying in bulk and only throwing 1 bit of waste packaging away more infrequently than the normal size each week??

Back