Modern Forks

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I want to buy some new forks for my modern build, but budgets are tight.
Two have caught my eye, and seem to get good reviews. Any comments?
Weight on the Rockshox seem to be an issue, but everything else on my bike is light :roll:
Rockshox Tora 318 U-Turn
Magura Odur
Cheers, Carl

I'd go for the Rockshox.

What's your budget & travel requirement? There may be some other options depending on what you have to spend etc.

Don't need/want heaps of travel, circa 100mm...going on my singlespeed..no hardcore downhilling etc. Budget is around £200 I guess. need studs for Maguras.
Cheers, Carl

MBR has a small test on 100mm forks this month looking at budget and more expensive options. IIRC only the RS and the Marzocchi's would be in your price range, with Fox's budget ones being a bit dearer. If you want any more info I have a look for you.

kaiser":345sbdfu said:
MBR has a small test on 100mm forks this month looking at budget and more expensive options. IIRC only the RS and the Marzocchi's would be in your price range, with Fox's budget ones being a bit dearer. If you want any more info I have a look for you.

Thanks fella, if anything from the article suggests other than those mentioned, that would be helpful.
Carl

HarryB the 2 forks in your budget tested were the Marzocchi pro lo and the RS tora, basically the Marzocchi won with 9/10 and the tora 7/10. They mentioned that the pro lo in 120mm guise with a reduction kit that costs about £6 is the best bet giving you a bit more flexibility and that they are able to accept canti bosses. The only downside was that the hub to crown size was slightly bigger than others and that if your at the limit, handling would be slightly affected still didn't change the score though. I've also noticed that its even cheaper in merlin at £149 than the £179 quoted in the test.

Thanks Kaiser..couldn't help but go and buy the mag today, although a bit disappointed given the lack of overall spectrum of forks tested. Like you said, the Marz got a good score but the A to C is too big for me...and it's pug ugly.
Think I'll think some more, but thanks very much for the feedback...much appreciated.
Carl

Back