An ill-considered name!

Nice to have a wikipedia excerpt on the use of aluminum. I thought from the title it would be a titanium frame.

It's beautiful though so I bought it, I'm just going to call it steve! or do what the owner of this MK2 did and leave the name off entirely! Did it belong to anyone on here? Seems odd that they thought to put that much detail about how Ali is used but not the make and with a frame that has so many beautiful features they chose to only add three pictures two of them the same!

Ha, a Hagan TitanAl frame! Didn't think I'll see one of those around anymore. The advertised awesomeness of titanium for the price of aluminum! Unfortunately the "wondermetal" wasn't weldable so all the frames were lugged and glued together, which led to a very high failure rate due to de-bonding at the lugs (ironically in the long-winded and confused passage, the seller description touches down on those aspects with early aluminum frames). Rare but not awesome, cool to look at though.

Surely though if one has survived this long then I must be one of the few that won't fall apart or am I just being overly optimistic for my new purchase? Unfortunately I'm led by my heart and not my brain in these matters with my love for over engineered shiny things!

I wouldn't worry too much! Just ride it. I would like to have a Manitou FS frame one day well knowing that it will most likely crack (if it isn't cracked already)... they just look so damn cool.

Doesn't look like I'm getting that frame and I'd advise anyone else who is considering it to think again.
Here are the tell tale signs.
Cancels PayPal transaction then sends a money request from an account that isn't linked to the eBay account.
Speaks in very broken English.
Relists the frame and when I ask why he says it's because he has three of them! Considering it's a fairly rare frame seems unlikely so I said cool can you send me a picture of the three together he tells me that they're in different places!

Back