Rocky Mountain Blizzard '96 anniversary (finished, kinda)

Re: Rocky Mountain Blizzard '96 anniversary version

Judy's are indeed period correct and would look awesome on this frame. But the '96 Judy SL is bright yellow, I don't think that's a good match, colour-wise.

Nice.
Fork-wise: Powerlites! That frame screames for Syncros all around :).

Thanks all for the comments. I'll try to source a Judy, but indeed an yellow one wouldn't match the color. But it can be painted black (Rolling Stones?) right?

@RockiMnt: That's a cool bike, hope mine gets close. I have those Raceface Next LP cranks on my GT (only in black).

@Double-E F: I have Syncros parts on my other old bike, an old '94 GT RTS 1. So for this one, I'm looking for something different.

IMG_0153.jpg

This is the state she's in now...

I found a Dura Ace 7700 GS derailleur in my drawer together with some XT shifters from BITD. The UN-71 I has was 73mm, but the frame uses a 68mm bracket shell, so I installed it with a 2.5mm spacer on the driveside.

That's very nice! Which brakes do you have there? I like your working space..!

With the wheels from my GT RTS 1:
IMG_0184.jpg

Cockpit:
IMG_0177.jpg

Paint, sparkles!
IMG_0174.jpg

Cranks, does anyone know the year these were made? There are some numbers on the inside.
IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

Rear derailleur, Shimano Dura Ace 7700 GS. Still looking for a nice XTR (900 or 950) one.
IMG_0144.jpg

Bracket:
IMG_0140.jpg

Next piece of the puzzle arrived, a red Selle Flite. And a ti Syncros seatpost is in the mail.

think this deserves nicer brake levers.

if you end up sourcing and go with a m950 rear mech, i have a front 28.6/top pull to match if needed. ;)

I have an XT top pull FD m737 in mint condition (I don't think it has been used). Not a complete match, but close :) The brake levers will have to do for now. Maybe I'll try to source a set of M950 levers/V-brakes, but for now I'm satisfied to get it running.

And since I got an m900 rear derailleur for my RTS, the m950 goes on the Blizzard. It's a bit battle scarred, and will have to be replaced sometime. It shifts well though.

Back