drystonepaul's bike list...

I thought I had a problem Paul but I'm relieved to see I've got years of collecting to go now before I catch you up :D

I desperately need pics of where/how you store that lot please!

BoyBurning":23mj6jfa said:
When are you going to get rid of all that lot and buy one, single, decent bike?

Is this the first step?

BB.

Now, now Tom.
When will you sell me your Mustang...?

I have lot's of decent bikes, but do you actually mean rare, exclusive or expensive?

The reason I'm probably drawn to all this mid range tat is probably the same reason I like Aldi specials buys, drive an eight year old van and never buy the latest version of, well... anything.
I like proven reliability and value rather than paying top dollar for brand names, cutting edge technology and buying into the addictive slavery that the insidious merry-go-round of planned obsolescence brings.

I probably could sell everything and buy a couple of rarities to polish and get an approving nod from somewhere or other, but then again I'm also well aware of the law of diminishing returns.
I used to race on XTR and anodised bling, but it broke more often than LX, DX and the heady heights of XT, so I'm pretty resolute on my preferences now.

I also set myself the slightly OCD goal of building up a bike from every year of the 90's and simultaneously trying to collect all the Shimano groupsets from a similar period. I reckon I'm just over half way there on this. I've been a bit distracted by riding the damn things along the way though...

Being a sentimental type, I couldn't really get rid of the Zaskar. My first one got stolen and I've ridden this one to Switzerland twice so it's imbued with so many memories and great experiences.
Many of my other bikes are tied up in big rides and nostalgia too.

So when you speak of 'decent' bikes you have to remember that personal parameters and measures of worth do vary.

I'd find it a bit odd to add a bike to my collection just because somebody else approved just as I wouldn't down-size based on someone else's disapproval.

I'd also hate to take things too seriously or have a really massive long signature.

MiniNinjaRob":23mj6jfa said:
All those bikes, and none of them set up right, always needing attention on rides. Tsk. ;-)
That was an adjustment Rob, not a mechanical.

chrisv40":23mj6jfa said:
I desperately need pics of where/how you store that lot please!
skip-hire-prices.jpg

Hey, you know I could never sell you my Mustang.

It's keeping my Zaskar company!

I think bike lists in sigs is a slightly 'blah' thing to do anyway, so I applaud your style in setting up a separate thread.

BB.

Need to see where you keep them all.

I've got a 6 by 8 shed which I think is average size for most people's gardens & I'm struggling already with the girlfriends Hardrock, my Zaskar, my daughters Hotrock 20. Luckily I have use of the summerhouse to build my Tequesta, but once the summerhouse is finished all biking activity will cease in there & I've still got to fit the Tequesta in the shed once it's finished :facepalm:

So please show us this awesome bicycle storage solution you have, we all need 1 :D

Robin Kilvington":1xetbulm said:
drystonepaul":1xetbulm said:
and then the modern stuff...

You mean, there's more :?:

Yeah, but I've only got about six modern bikes...

Also haven't mentioned the 1940s Indian roadster I'm currently looking after.

I'll post up some pictures of my storage at some point.

Picked up this pristine K2 Proflex. Stoooked!!

Attachments

• 110BCA39-209E-4404-BDD7-270751C62532.jpeg
    110BCA39-209E-4404-BDD7-270751C62532.jpeg
    341.8 KB · Views: 18
  • FA276ADD-C64C-4584-91DE-66A2DF5E4D25.jpeg
    FA276ADD-C64C-4584-91DE-66A2DF5E4D25.jpeg
    237.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 56DAFBB1-64F2-4112-994B-00EA54DB6518.jpeg
    56DAFBB1-64F2-4112-994B-00EA54DB6518.jpeg
    805.8 KB · Views: 18
For a moment there I thought drystonepaul had diegned to bless us poor common folk with his presence after handing back boyburning's mustang so he can carry on with his paper round

Nice Proflex though

Back