Pace RC100 rebuild

Eh up andy,
I have a complete chainstay protector and seatstay shield which i am trying to get copy's made. I will keep informed as I get more info!

Attachments

• 128_2850.JPG
    128_2850.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,665
This is a project that looks like it's going to be a jawdropper when done.

A few "constructive" points -

If you are going to ride this, you really don't want an alloy bolt holding your bars in place. Nobody used them at the time. Well nobody sensible anyway.

I don't know if you are going for "period correctness" (dunno if you're bothered about that)

- the Renthall bar is about 4 years later than the rest of the front combo.
My Sub-130 was one of the first and I bought it in 92.

- Also - the first chainrings pictured, without the "extruder groove" were more correct. The grooved stuff is about '94 onwards.

The Pace carbon front hub is even later

Way before Hope, Pace used to do very trad-looking hubs in the very early 90s - never seen any for sale used though.

well,seeing as period Pace stuff is kind of difficult to get hold of im going to have to waver from it and just build a bike that i like to ride ;)

Amen to that Andy, but by the looks of things you're not far off completion are you??

Rich

No,its all here basically,just need to get the frame painted and the decals sorted out and 1 of them will be done :D

Isnt ALU bolts on the forks risky too?

Weight weeines on MTBR forums are afraid of running ALU-bolts on stems (some of them at least), should be a warning notice.

Back