Sugino GT chainset

AlHodkinson

Dirt Disciple
I have acquired a Sugino GT chainset, double, 110BCD with 50/36 chainrings, in great condition. Just trying to work out what BB length to use with it?
It seems that there was also a GS version of these cranks - 130BCD presumably designed for road use, e.g. 42/52, and then the GT version for touring, in double or triple.
This page shows a 123mm traditional BB for the GS version, but not sure if that would also be the case for the GTs?
http://backroom.hardsdisk.net/sr300.html

Hi Did you ever get sorted out with your BB length I have just picked a Gt double chainset in great condition, and am trying to find out the BB Length ?????

i guess the square tapers are the same as shimano ? id be interested. It might have to be an experiment jobby
i would have thought those lengths quoted are for triples and you may be able to get away with 113mm.

In the end I assumed the taper was JIS and went with a Shimano UN55 bb with 122.5mm axle length, 68mm shell. It does seem to be the right length to give a 44mm chainline on my bike, measured from middle of DT to part way between big and little rings. Hope this is useful!

Back