Fall-Winter Project: Norco Mocha

jimi911

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Not really sure how old this is. They made them in 1997, but this may be older with the canti rear hanger. At any rate it's a norco mocha. Easton tubing, really nice welds. BITD this was a higher end frame with lower end components. Didn't sell well. Built in Canada! Might need to go all can-con components on this.

Got a few ideas in mind for it, but I need to size it up some more.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 703
Hey, I frequently see one of those in the bike cage at work. I was a bit confused, because it looks like a nice frame, but it had a bit of a crap parts selection on it. Thought it might have been a "custom" job. Maybe not.

So, what are you thinking. The tried and true Raceface and syncros build? I suspect a Brodie Gatorblade would look great on that frame along with the black cattleprod and turbines.

I think this is the model year frame I have.

http://www.bikepedia.com/quickbike/Bike ... odel=Mocha

I am almost certain its not a 1997 since this thing had cantilevers on it. Could be older I suppose, but not newer. The frame is really nice. I think they used the same one for the Java as well.

I am not sure what I will do with it. I don't need another vintage rider. I have a resto-mod I have all the bugs out of. I am leaning towards a 650b setup. Either a SS trail rider (disc-mod or canti) or a 650b urban bike. It will all depend on what components I luck into.

Too me a while to find some good wheels. Finally sorted that and the brakes.

650b tires should fit easily with room to spare. I am using panaracer Col de la Vie 1.5 x 27.5 tires. Might be room to actually run 2.0+, but I wont be.

The brakes are Shimano CX50. The work perfectly for a 26er to 650b conversion. Lots of room for adjustment.

I will be using a Mosso fork to keep the weight down and a mix of older Ultegra components. Will either be an 8 or a 9 speed.

Attachments

• photo_2 (88).JPG
    photo_2 (88).JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 592
  • photo_1 (90).JPG
    photo_1 (90).JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 592
Back