Not another cheap ebay lights thread....

ordered mine last thursday (13th june).
still nothing, although its marked as despatched royal snail 2nd class :( with an expected date of the 21st

I used mine at Mayhem last weekend, no problem.

I was running three; a spot and a wide beam on the bars and another spot on my helmet.

turned up today :D here is the pics as i opened it and it is now on charge. I will do a full beam drain time, a low beam drain time and a flashing time as a kind of review

Attachments

• 2013-06-21 16.13.21.jpg
    2013-06-21 16.13.21.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 304
  • 2013-06-21 16.14.24.jpg
    2013-06-21 16.14.24.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 304
  • 2013-06-21 16.15.24.jpg
    2013-06-21 16.15.24.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 304
  • 2013-06-21 16.15.43.jpg
    2013-06-21 16.15.43.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 304
  • 2013-06-21 16.15.54.jpg
    2013-06-21 16.15.54.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 304
Did anyone order the double (rose) set? I ordered a set nearly 2 weeks ago and they have failed to surface, I got sent a tracking number for swisspost that didn't work, so mailed them and they have sent another which also doesn't work. They have an ETA of Dec 19th so I can't start a claim until then. They are only apparently coming from a warehouse in Switzerland so being dispatched on the 20th should be here now. Wondering how long yours took to arrive, at this rate winter will be finished before I get them.
I did get the single one though and that arrived in about 5 days and works a treat, with a decent beam and very good run time.

Carl.

love the pic on the advert of them on the bike lol, think you might go blind with them like that lol

Winter
And a young mans thoughts turn away briefly from the usual, to settle upon this years light selection.

Will it be the easy to come by el-cheapo last one winter(or about) if it works out the box that is. Or will the masses plump for the pricey models :? Perhaps even mid range like lezine which seem quite nice and powerful though are not waterproof.

Be safe be seen ;)
Little stretchy clip on fashionable rear lights are useless.

FluffyChicken":1fx8r39e said:
The 'Rose' version now comes in many colours and even a different style casing for 14 to 15 quid.
I also see a Twin light version has come out at ~ £30 (by 'Rose' I mean press to hold for flash)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000LM-2-CREE ... 51add19f89
Not sure if that pops it into import tax territory though.

Got my set of the double 'Rose' ones (in black for me) linked here today. So far first impressions are,
Good points:
Much smaller than the pictures would have you believe, not much bigger than the single one really and really light weight too.
Well put together lovely alu housing.
Battery case and strap feels like it will last.
Good choice of modes.
No import duty to pay.

Bad:
Took a while to arrive (worth the 15 day wait though)
No helmet mount (doesn't both me as these were for the bars anyway).
Battery cable screws together for seal rather than the flexible rubber push fit one of the Single, which means I can really use the bigger battery on the single light if I wanted to. This is being really picky though as the construction is fine.

I will take some pics and put them up tonight to show the size relative to something like a £1 coin.
They will be getting a full workout this weekend for another night sesh at Swinley, so i'll add some more details then about beam and run times.

Carl.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
If anybody finds one of these battery packs in Wendover woods, its still got plenty of charge left. :oops:

file.php

So as promised here's some more info about the double 'Rose' lights along with some pictures.

Firstly, what you get in the box.

Light unit, battery back (with case), charger (more on this in a bit), adaptor, two different mounting bands and instructions.

Here's a front view of the unit show both LEDs

And here next to a 10p for some scale

I charged the battery fully from the supplied charger and after about 2 hours I found it switched off and the LED had gone red, I assume to indicate the battery being fully charged. This is a step up from the single spot as that one seems to just keep going.
Battery pack wise this one appears to be the same size as the one for the single spot so expect a slightly shorter run on the double on full power, suffice to say they will easily handle a long night ride without running flat.

Here's both mounted on my Kona Kula prior to testing.

Here's the test shots:

First up double on full power:

Secondly the single spot on full power:

Third up is both on combined:

So what can I say. Well the double gives a decent pool of light in front of the bike with a large focused spot in the middle lights up my garden very well. It should serve it's intended purpose as a handlebar mounted main light very well.
The Single spot gives a smaller focus point and is noticeably not as bright but I have used this out on the trails and it works really well when deployed as a helmet mounted light. giving excellent range and long run time.
The double I also wouldn't put on the helmet as it does get quite warm after a minute or two, but should be fine out on the bars.
To think back 20 years and I was night riding off road with EverReady Night riders (I upgraded to Xenon bulbs) and compare it to this I can't believe I did it, these lights allow you to ride with confidence and at speed in darkness that you could never do BITD.

Will put these through the ultimate punishment next year and use them for then 12hr lawnmower race (with a couple of extra batteries) and see how good they really are.

Carl.

drcarlos":1g92ae4v said:
So what can I say. Well the double gives a decent pool of light in front of the bike with a large focused spot in the middle lights up my garden very well. It should serve it's intended purpose as a handlebar mounted main light very well.
The Single spot gives a smaller focus point and is noticeably not as bright but I have used this out on the trails and it works really well when deployed as a helmet mounted light. giving excellent range and long run time.
The double I also wouldn't put on the helmet as it does get quite warm after a minute or two, but should be fine out on the bars.

I'd expect the double to give more flood as the reflectors are smaller. Basically bigger reflectors focus the beam more. Also it's good that the double gets hot, the fact that the single doesn't is one of its main problems. The poor design results in poor thermal conductivity between the electronics and the outside casing, I dont think the driver has any thermal cutout either. I saw a review once that measured the driver board at 70-80 degrees C. My Hope light gets hot and will switch to a lower setting if left on in still air. In the same conditions the casing on my chinese single XML light barely gets warm :facepalm:

Back