Barry bond racer

retrotrack

Retro Guru
Hi all,

purchased this off the original owner about a year ago.

It's a completely original barry bond. Story is the original owner lived a few doors away from the man himself who had a shop here in Leicester. It's not 531 but a real quality frame which is in good condition. 58cm square

Judging by the wear on the cassette and chainrings (plus original brake pads and tyres) I'd say this bike has probably done close to 300 miles since it was first built.

It's late but I should be able to get a spec run-down later today or tomorrow.

Asking £160 posted for this

DSC_0184_zps97c029a3.jpg

DSC_0185_zps50068c93.jpg

DSC_0186_zpsc5d1372e.jpg

DSC_0187_zps8ab2177d.jpg

DSC_0188_zpseb1011a3.jpg

Those lugs look like Crespera design from a Carlton frame..........is there a frame number on it ?

Shaun

Ooh stop it any lower and I will be not able to resist,its Xmas and I need to get Lady Valvoltec a nice new iron!
It is a nice bike,sorry that it did not quite fit in with my other bikes,I thought it was really too tidy/nice for a winter/commuter bike and I thought that you were about right with your price.
Its the cusp of payday,lets hope that somebody caves to temptation,and it is soon sold.

I really like that. Can you confirm some measurements for me? The top tube centre to centre and the seat tube please? I would like it but it needs to fit me as I really would like to use it now and then. I see it has no stickers but I imagine I can get hold of some.

I am Oxford way but from Leicester and all my family are in Leicester so pick up won't be a problem.

Latest posts

Back