Dura Ace 8 Speed Freehub Removal Tool

Hi, I've been looking for the same thing for quite some time but finally made one myself. However, recently I found a store here in Czech where they offer something similar (same function, different look). You can check the site here: http://www.kovys.cz/index.php?pid=200&i ... kce=detail
Unfortunately, their site is in Czech only, and it also seems that they sell B2B only. If you wanted, I could try to ask if they were willing to sell one to me (I would then send it to you to the UK - of course just for their price + shipping:)).
Let me eventually know.

Alright, I will call them tomorrow to ask whether they would sell a couple of those tools to me as a non-B2B customer. Will post the result here once I know more.
Jan

Hi guys,
so today I called the maker of this tool, and it is no problem to buy it from them. They can ship the tool(s) to me for the price indicated at their site (CZK 217, roughly GBP 7,- for one piece) plus shipping fee of CZK 160 (GBP 5). However, shipping to the UK (according to the website of Czech post company - www.cpost.cz) is almost CZK 500, i.e. about GBP 15,-. I will still try to find a better shipping option but as I see it, this shipping fee would make this tool quite expensive... Let me eventually know what you think and whether you have some idea how to transport it for less from here to you.
Jan

Jan,

I am fine with that. I presume that the postage will be split and it is not for 1 item?

Richard

I have found a trade source in the U.S that has them they are going on my next order but I think they will cost more than that czech source. The price given is not expensive in total £22 for that tool is cheap. Try buying on.

isn't there a problem with the czech one? you'll see that the shimano one has an extended shaft which locates further inside the freehub bolt to stabilise removal.

:?:

Hi to all,
sorry that it took me such a long time to reply again. I was in contact with the maker of the tool, and asked him to modify a little the length of the shaft part (it was too short to reach to the star-like hole inside the freehub body). Well, after all, I bought 4 of those modified tools and tried one to remove the freehub from an old wheel. There is fortunately no problem with that. Just compared with the original Shimano tool, you cannot simply use a wrench/spanner to loosen the freehub but you have to fix the tool ("star" facing up) in a vise and turn the whole wheel instead.
Tomorrow, I will finally take the tool to the post office and ask about the best way of shipping abroad.
Sorry again for my delayed answer... Will keep you posted, and if anyone is still interested in the tool, I will ship it to you.
Jan

Back