Kris Kross (Herefordshire Fury) - Saturday 21 December 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kris Kross (Herefordshire Fury) - Saturday 21 December 2

daj":2zeuobr9 said:
I will let Tarloone have the wrath of Ed ha,ha :LOL:

You'll get yours Dave whether or not as options are:
1) You ride with discs and are therefore not a gentleman 'crosser
2) You ride with cantis but make your friend ride with discs so are therefore not a gentleman fullstop.

And that's leaving out your rim braked bike lacking the courage of it's convictions by having disc mounts as well - surely it's a given that a gentleman doesn't wear both belt and braces? However you look at it, you're going down my friend.

The History Man":2zeuobr9 said:
U brakes pass the scrutineering?

On a cross bike? Really? For the avoidance of doubt, that's a "no" but don't worry on the day as Dave is clearly taking one for the team.

[Although far more articulate, I may just be channeling the Blue Chicken in my answers]

It will be a very large rigid mtb with 1.7 and rear U. Unless your being exclusive? Probably the OP.

The History Man":17ky27dn said:
Unless your being exclusive? Probably the OP.

I'm not sure that I'm fully understanding the query but I never shy away from quoting myself so this may shed light

ededwards":17ky27dn said:
:: Bike: The sharp eyed may have noticed the various lame ‘cross’ references. And that is what this ride is about, cyclocross bikes baby. That said, don’t be put off if you haven’t got a cyclocross machine and want to come as it’ll also be completely well suited to a rigid MTB with Conti 1.5s pumped to bursting.

Rigid mtb with 1.7 ritchey wcs. Will that be agreeable? OP = overbury's pioneer in sig.

Ah, OP usually means Original Poster hence my confusion.

Nice bike although if you want to bring a knife to a gun fight, in particular a knife with a U brake, don't be surprised if I'm more stringent than the UCI (although credit where it's due if you can get the Ritchey's to 120psi).

Apologies. Not too familiar with the interweb parlance.

As for the bike, I like a challenge.

Had to look up pfft and meh in the urban dictionary earlier.

Given the extremely narrow parameters demanded in order to qualify for eligibility to attend this ride, I shall pass.

NeilM":g96y03gm said:
Given the extremely narrow parameters demanded in order to qualify for eligibility to attend this ride, I shall pass.

your a gent as ever neil.its hardly turned out to be a all inclusive Christmas ride,more Edwards and his followers

Are you two for real?!? :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back