E. G. Bates

This is what made my eyes go watery before I contacted Bates to have mine built

The right hand lever will be added as it was what I had when first put the bike together.

Talking of getting back to original build are these two rather nice items I have just got hold of.

These are becoming quite rare these days.

Montello":1jfwzy68 said:
Keep up the good work.

Will have to wait until I go to my adopted home to face the devastation of Typhoon Haiyan first

Just took delivery of my 24" Front Ghibli & after a quick clean up this is virtually brand new & certainly unused just stored in a warehouse for many years :) No pics just yet but a very happy bunny here :)

Some pics after my 24 Ghibli is cleaned up & this disc is unused near to brand new so a great find as this has been stored in a warehouse for many years :)

Lovely and nice to know I'm not the only old knacker keeping the lo-pro flame alive: 1990 Ellis Briggs, 700c front and rear.

I looked at Kronos (the rear cable exits on the right), but too pricey for me. However I've just got some AGC300 which are lovely, I particularly like the cam-mounted brake shoes: ingenious design and worth a few grammes no doubt.

Can't see me getting any Ghibli, most likely Shamal with covers for the rear.

I got a cheap but scratched AX stem which has polished up nicely, but my Campag aero posts are too short, so I'll use a NOS Selcof copy.

I applaud your taste in pedals too!

My rear kronos brake cable goes right through the center of the seat tube :)

Took me more than 2yrs to secure this rare 24" front ghibli :)

AX stem is what I originally had so going back to its roots on the original build.

Good luck on your build as I just love funny bikes which means the ones with the 24" front wheels :)

Back