Classic Italian / English

Nomads

Dirt Disciple
Morning all.

I am changing my habits and want to downsize on a collection, so I'm after a training bike with guards so it can be used all year and a sunday best bike for sunny days.

After tidy 70's or 80's bikes 58cm +/- (I'm 5' 9 ish and early 40's) with period correct components.

I would like gears on the downtube, ideally nice lugs something that looks old and different. Classic English is great but not after Raleigh, Claud Butler, Holdsworth or Carlton. Sunday best really after an Italian ride with Campag.

Prefer original patina and have around £500 ish for the training bike and £700 for the sunday best.

Can collect up to around 150 miles each way of Cambridge.

If you have anything that might fit the above, please pm me or let me know on here.

Thanks for looking.

Hi Did you get my PMs?? 3 bikes to choose from, let me know if you are still looking, courier or meet or collect possible.
I'll resend pics and spec if you missed the messages
Chris

sawston_vulcan":29szbse7 said:
pigman":29szbse7 said:
58cm is big for 5'9", but whatever fits

Don't seem to matter as he is not answering the phone!....mine is 56cm by the way.

I send loads of pics via PM of 2 Italian full bikes ( also 56 ) but no response either...nice frame you have there btw :)

Thanks for the replies.

I have been busy, sorry for not answering in the last couple of days.

I've sent you both PM's.

It would help greatly if you specified the type of build and frame you require, I sent you pics of a classic Italian bike with a full campag group set and wheels and also a couple of choices with part campagnolo builds which you didn't like ( you said you wanted full campag, the Dazzani was full campag ? ) so perhaps you could give us a closer idea of what you require, maybe post a link to some pics online, the type of group set ( DT shifters or ergs ) 70s / 80s / 90s etc, then one of us here will surely be able to help.
Best regards again,

Chris

Back