wanna see some pretty rare sus forrks?

Laverda 750S motorbikes used to have Paioli forks, hell they were gorgeous and looked way better than the Ohlins forks that most of the opposition had. Never seen a mountainbike one though.

Rich Aitch said:
Laverda 750S motorbikes used to have Paioli forks, hell they were gorgeous and looked way better than the Ohlins forks that most of the opposition had. Never seen a mountainbike one though.[/quote
Paoli stuff was a bit budget , a lot of scoots had their forks , as did the Belgrada built yamahas
Tho that said some bimotas had paoli forks and shocks on them

FMJ":2ly1ear6 said:
This is hanging up in the cafe I stop in at on weekend road rides. CNC machined single sided trailing link. I tried the prototype of it on a bike the designer/fabricator had at a 24 hr. race in 97. It was......interesting.

945496_10151607879635860_705693327_n.jpg

Do you know who made the fork? Is there any names or identifying info on the fork? I remember seeing one in Las Vegas interbike around 97-98. I ws talking to a buddy a couple weeks ago about linkage forks and bnrought this one up but couldn't for the life of me remember who made it. I was thinking Profile Racing, Phil Wood, Paul Comp....... :?

My early and real Lawill fork (from 1992) that later got replace with a control tech version when the fork broke..

I love that fork..
26-02-2008-1908-30-L.jpg

Hurrycat Vorace anyone? Front side up:
P8191124_zps033d9d09.jpg

A bit like the Fournales/Look tie up, the Hurrycat was marketed by Stronglight. Designed by Eric Barone in partnership with aerospace company SEB and Answer, it was a production version of the fork he used in his 163km/h speed descent attempt in 1998. Founded 2000, bust by 2004
Lightish at 1600g, they run a different geometry, supposedly anti-dive and anti-pedal bob. It's certainly better than Fournales. The legs swing up and back, rather than up and forward on the Fournales/Girving stuff. Publicity videohere on Vimeo.

Mine's a Sport model with aluminium legs...there is a fabled carbon legged version...

All the best,

norcalflat":1vs2qfll said:
FMJ":1vs2qfll said:
This is hanging up in the cafe I stop in at on weekend road rides. CNC machined single sided trailing link. I tried the prototype of it on a bike the designer/fabricator had at a 24 hr. race in 97. It was......interesting.

945496_10151607879635860_705693327_n.jpg

Do you know who made the fork? Is there any names or identifying info on the fork? I remember seeing one in Las Vegas interbike around 97-98. I ws talking to a buddy a couple weeks ago about linkage forks and bnrought this one up but couldn't for the life of me remember who made it. I was thinking Profile Racing, Phil Wood, Paul Comp....... :?

I have no idea what his name is. Tall guy, curly/fuzzy hair (picture Daniel Stern in Breaking Away). He was from the Toronto, ON area. I tried out his first version (pic below) briefly for a few yards in the pits at the 24 Hours of Adrenaline relay race at Hardwood Hills (Barrie, ON) in 97. The fork in the original pic I posted (gold anodizing) is hanging at Cafe Domestique in Dundas, ON.

p4pb4672787.jpg

danson67":2ic95oz3 said:
Hurrycat Vorace anyone? Front side up:
P8191124_zps033d9d09.jpg

A bit like the Fournales/Look tie up, the Hurrycat was marketed by Stronglight. Designed by Eric Barone in partnership with aerospace company SEB and Answer, it was a production version of the fork he used in his 163km/h speed descent attempt in 1998. Founded 2000, bust by 2004
Lightish at 1600g, they run a different geometry, supposedly anti-dive and anti-pedal bob. It's certainly better than Fournales. The legs swing up and back, rather than up and forward on the Fournales/Girving stuff. Publicity videohere on Vimeo.

Mine's a Sport model with aluminium legs...there is a fabled carbon legged version...

All the best,

I have the fabled carbon version on my San Andreas.

537C3500-A279-49FF-8338-8B47073FB2A9-10934-000003E72EEF26B9.jpg

Back