Fife and Tayside rides thread

Re: East Coast Rides Thread

Shonas 40th on saturday night so chances of me being fit to ride on sunday morning are zero...and same with the biking lol.

so.....weather been dryish this week so gonna have a trundle round blairadam to see how the trails are if anybody whos no doin the arran road ride fancies it.

9.45-10ish usual spot.

bring a rope and floatation device just incase.

Needing a wee run on my mtb this saturday or sunday. Asking the East Lothian fatbikers if they might like some normal mtb action in their neck of the woods as East Lothian is an under explored area by me. If they're up for it would any of you lot be interested. If they're not, anyone got any weekend mtb plans I can tag along on. Weather here in the east so far is forecast to be ok...ish.

Sorry V, party in Aberdeen this weekend. TBH I'd rather be biking.

wish i could lol. On the mend though.

east lothian sounds worth a visit though - so V where were we the other weekend, was that Midlothian ?

loads of good riding round your neck of the woods.

Coastkids come up with what sounds like a good 20 mile loop from Drem. Unfortunately he and the east lothianers are not free this weekend and neither are you lot. I've postponed for now but might try for next weekend.
Looks like local trails for me this weekend but thats OK there's some more exploring i'd like to do.

if you lads are riding at kelty or pitmed of a sunday over the next wee while i will pop up with tea and biscuits for a catch up.

2 weeks in and suffering withdrawal symptoms fae the shite banter lol.

As cant do Clubby Trails i can do Kelty as its about as far as I was going to travel by train anyway. my plans detailed below that I typed in Clubby Trails thread.

Now i find myself wondering what mtb'ing I can do because i know I'll waste the day without incentive.
Being reliant on Trains and low funds, furthest north I can get is Cowdenbeath for 1040 putting me in easy reach of Kelty and Blaimuddem on Sunday. However trains back are evey two hours so I'll need to be finito by 3pm to get the 1530 from Cowdenbeath.
Anyone interested in that or should I just stay in my neck of the woods.

Might make it velo but I was in there this afternoon and ended up falling off on the forest road FFS, banged my elbow, it's feckin sair. So will give it till the morra before I know if I'm OK. I know that's not much help to you just now though, sorry.

It's frozen in a lot of places, skitey as eff, my excuse for falling off :facepalm: , so the trails are almost not muddy.
The muddy bits in some places have a frozen crust that you sometimes break through to the glaur underneath.
It's gonnae be cauld and frosty till Sunday so it could be even more frozen.

Back