The Official Retrobike shipping Sticky

If anyone needs any customs advice or help with international shipping, and the rules that go along with it. PM me. I've got 11 years shipping and logistics experience, a diploma in Export Customs etc and know about import too.

Sorry I have no idea about this sticky, so I made my own posting about shipping small boxes from the USA world wide..
Here is the link.
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=270688

Basically the US post office offers 4 different "flat rate" size boxes (you can pack up to 70pound on them for the same cost of shipping..

Here is a picture of the four boxes with their respective charges. (just click on it to make it much bigger)
photo%282%29.jpg

A example of the different charges depending on destination.
photo%284%29-L.jpg

Well I hope this helps, is kind of expensive but is fast a secure (send many motorcycle parts this way over the years all over the world and nothing ever got lost)

im looking for shipping to Poland, ive had some quotes that are reasonable but when you add insurance and signed for to it it pushes the price up. any sugestions

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but I want to buy a bike off eBay and its in Romania.

If its through eBay and PayPal how can I be scammed? The bike seems pretty cheap so it's a bit odd that it hasn't sold in the few weeks and also why do you think he is advertising it in his own country?

I want the bike but not sure if it'll be worth the risk...

Re:

I've had interest in my 95 team Marin. Anyone know roughly what it'll cost to post too Spain or Moscow from the uk ? I've no idea what it'll weigh either!

Re:

Fortunately Parcelforce took good care of this bike in a giant jiffy bag!

Pyro Tim":1ls6tkva said:
If anyone needs any customs advice or help with international shipping, and the rules that go along with it. PM me. I've got 11 years shipping and logistics experience, a diploma in Export Customs etc and know about import too.

Nice! :D i will PM you later.

anyone can suggest me regarding courier service for tandem mtb within uk? :LOL:

I'm trying to post a pair of wheels from Bristol to Yorkshire, but using parcelmonkey and parcel2go I seem to fall foul of size exclusions. The box is currently about 120cm x 80cm x 20cm. I'm hoping to pay about a tenner.

Any advice? Lie about the size? Re-package to make a shorter, fatter parcel? Make two parcels? Resign myself to paying a lot more?

Anybody know if the US to UK shipping is still the same? I'm trying to ship a set of cranks and the lowest I can get them via USPS is $60, which seems outrageous. Some people said back in 2013 you could use First Class International, but now that option only seems to be for envelopes.

The cheapest option for packages is Priority Mail International, Max. length 60", max. length plus girth combined 108", 6 - 10 business days to many major markets and $44.25

Back