Peugeot 653 Athena (Fully Finished 19th Aug)

Cheers guys,

I stayed away from the 2cd's as I didn't want to muck about with tubs, glue and all the hassle if I got a puncture.

As for doing another one I'll be keeping my eye out. What I really want when I can afford it and if I can find one and one in the right size is the 753 frame in this same colour.

Hope don’t you mind me adding a note to your thread.
My Peugeot Athena is now fully commissioned having had new wheels built recently, as I was not going down the tubular tyre route.
Had a very quick test ride during the week between the rain storms, however I completed over 45 miles as part of a Sunday club ride recently.
This bike is amazing, silky smooth operation and an absolute joy to ride.
The gearing is a tad higher than my other “modern” road bike, but I can live with that.
It’s has Campagnolo 14 speed index gearing, every gear change is quick and positive.
The bike was in excellent original condition when I purchased it and came with the tubular rims.
Just needed a good clean and polish which became a tad obsessional at times, just couldn’t stop polishing it. :D
Really looking forward to the next ride. 

Maca said:
Cheers guys,

I stayed away from the 2cd's as I didn't want to muck about with tubs, glue and all the hassle if I got a puncture.

quote]

What wrong with this ;)
Jantex%20Tubular%20Tape.png

Hey now, Yours is a really stunning bike!I loved getting the old Raleigh back running .I rode it again today to the local supermarket and the village.It is just the same to ride,looking through the pictures and posts on here, transforms me back in time,seeing a nice racing bike sparkling and shiney,or admiring your mates bikes and looking through the bike shop window.
Thanks for the nice comments and your fond memory's of the raleigh.

No problem, it took me back seeing your pics. The stuff I ended up doing to mine at the time was mad. Still don't know how I managed it on a Paper boy and a Saturday Whimpy pay pack lol.

Nice work Maca it looks amazing and i would have commented a lot earlier but while you were completing your bike i was completing my move from house to flat and haven't had a decent tinternet until December so this is the first few days that i've managed to get back on the forum but it's certainly been worth the wait ;) ..

Re:

Thanks Muddy, I love it and its so nice to ride. Been out on it loads looking to do the plalice to plalice ride this year to

Back