Cooks Cranks refurb with logo etching

What a great job mate, lovely looking cranks.. Inspirational even! Gonna get on to Mansfield today and get a job locked in.. :twisted:

real nice job.

i have a question of my own,..i hope you can advice me on this.
I have a Cooks crank set from new which is very dear to me, shown below

cook.jpg

The logo name was always a bit more grey but because of the use it faded and now you have to look closely to see it,..
I would like to polish the arms but is there a way to make the brand name "black/grey" again? or can i use the same process?

I'm not sure how to etch the logo back onto a set of polished cranks, someone in the forum mentioned laser etching as a possibility? Alternatively I guess you could use the caustic method but leave the caustic on a bit longer which will turn the surface a grey/black colour. Not sure how long that would last though.

stevet1":3uliudrs said:
I'm not sure how to etch the logo back onto a set of polished cranks, someone in the forum mentioned laser etching as a possibility? Alternatively I guess you could use the caustic method but leave the caustic on a bit longer which will turn the surface a grey/black colour. Not sure how long that would last though.

Thanks,

i will ask a friend with a lazer/CNC cutter if that would be possible,..

scant":17oy5g8x said:
Fenton":17oy5g8x said:
Try some of this mate, good stuff................

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %26otn%3D4

works well on flat-ish surfaces, I use it on my M970 cranks for the same reason. you might just get away with it on e-cranks as the surface isnt too rounded, doesnt work on cbr or rsrs tho

I have used the old helicopter tape on cranks,forks and other round stuff, the trick is to get it really hot with a hairdryer and it will stick no worries, also dont have any sharp corners so round em off with scissors first.

great job steve! am gonna do mine!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back