Work bikes

Here's my new work bike (the road bike disintegrated).
'96 Sunn Vertik, Judy SL's (painted to match the Kileauea they were on) with Eglund cartridges that sat idle in the garage for five years and are as smooth and leak free as the day I bought them. Everything sourced out of bins in the garage apart from the front brake cable so my wife is a happy woman.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/k ... G_0959.jpg

mh1000":3bdrnpfl said:
whats going on with the shelf in the background? are those helium filled jars :)

I haven't seen that done for years - you nail the jar lid to the underside of the shelf, then you can screw and unscrew the jars no problem and it's easy to see whats inside them. They're also not taking up space that would otherwise be used.

My 1996 Klein Pulse 2

...have it since new in 1996 and still love the ride. went through many mods (sus forks, different bars and stems etc.) but wheels and XTR are still from back then. it's my commuter and bad weather bike and probably the last one i would let go...

Carsten

Attachments

• IMGP7033.JPG
    IMGP7033.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 17,012
Hello all. This is my everyday ride for commuting and road/rain work. Its a '97 Eldridge Grade Tange triple butted flying machine! With Kona P2 forks, WTB velociraptor tyres and 48T chainset, its a blast to ride on and off road. Tried sus forks, slicks, 42/44T chainsets, but this seems to be the right mix for my commute and general urban riding.

Attachments

• DSC00731.JPG
    DSC00731.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 16,481
  • DSC00732.JPG
    DSC00732.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 16,481
haven't got photos at the moment but my bikes take it in turn depending on my mood. There's secure storage at work so it doesn't matter from that point of view... if I favour any for the commute though it's the Dave Yates.

here's mine...

399863643_bd33aec5aa_b.jpg

Back