Attention Vitus 979 owners and other classics....

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I received this message in my inbox (I do not own a Vitus 979). Seems genuine and a good opportunity:

Hello,

I’m writing from Quintessence Editions in London. We are part of the Quarto Group and we produce highly illustrated reference books that are published all around the world, including BIKE! A Tribute to the World’s Greatest Cycling Designers and Art: The Whole Story. We are currently working on the 26th title in our acclaimed 960-page 1001 series, 1001 Bicycles to Dream of Riding Before You Die, which will be published in the UK by Cassell Editions and in the US by Rizzoli. Previous titles include 1001 Movies to See Before You Die and 1001 Cars to Dream of Driving Before You Die.

Selected by general editor, Guy Kesteven, 1001 Bicycles presents reviews by experts of the world’s most influential, groundbreaking, and high-profile bicycles ever made. Each review details the bike’s specifications and manufacturing history, and reveals the story of its development and the impact it has had on the bicycle industry. We would very much like to feature an image of each model to accompany the reviews. We saw your post about the Vitus 979 bike on Retrobike and were wondering if you could supply us with a high-resolution image of the bike, side on? Please let me know if this would be possible?

We will, of course, credit any images we use appropriately and provide you with a complimentary copy of the finished book when it is published.

I look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

Dimitra Christofidou
Email: quintedasst@quarto.com

I had the same PM some month ago asking about my Concorde Astore.

I sent a reply pointing out that my Astore is far from age related spec but also saying they were welcome to use my photos if they wanted. I got no reply.

Tel
I received exactly the same message, but about my Lemond & look TVT Bikes. I did respond over 7 days ago but I've not had anything back from them. so maybe it's a hoax?

Chris

I got something similar re a moser hr record pic i posted (must have been a long time ago)

Did a quick search of the forum to wonder if anybody else had received a similar PM. Looks like I'm not alone, though thus far you all appear to be road bike fans...

Apparently they consider my clapped out old GT Timberline to be a '1001 Bicycles to Dream of Riding Before You Die' :shock: :LOL:

Back