carbon/ti s-works

Lid":2yx7dmqx said:
"Sex wee" and you gave me a hard time about "Wanting Julie...still". At least my lust is perfectly normal (I mean to everbody outside of this site obviously)

I didnt give you a hard time! I just didnt understand what you meant ;)
(wasnt sure if u wanted the person or the bike! :LOL: )

I've got a question here (having seen the price of these frames 'fall' from the original RRP, then rise back up to something approaching it). How do they ride? I've got an XLM, and I'd be lucky to get perhaps half of that for it if I sold it. Now, I'm not suggesting it's half the bike to ride, but do the S-Works Carbon frames make that much money because they ride superbly, or is it simply because of their rarity and bling value?

For an early 90 bike , they probably would build as a light bike , so the ride must be good , but they are rare , have a good history and very bling .

only done a few rides of a ti lugged 1 so far. generally pretty stiff. not quite klein attitude mega harshness but stiffer than you'd imagine. done more rides on a steel lugged epic & aside from tad heavier frame feels the same. (IE stiff)

I reckon price is purely down to rarity. I saw a 20in ultimate make only £150 a while back, which why I'm amazed by this price!

older XLMs like yours simon are very nice bikes, my mate tinks also has 1 :)

cchris2lou":2mkur2bz said:
For an early 90 bike , they probably would build as a light bike , so the ride must be good , but they are rare , have a good history and very bling .

late 91/ early 92 19in bare frame weighs 3.2lb. 93 they had a slight overhaul with shorter, more tapered lugs & apparently lighter carbon tubeset. rumoured weight for 18in is 2.6lb.
Neds 1990 world champs winning frame had a custom carbon tubeset that cost nearly $8K (in 1990!) that frame weighed 2.2lb, but was built soley for that race.

theres a bloke on mtbr.com with the proto type ultimate FS. yup, essentially an early FSR made in a ti lug carbon style, tho I've yet to see pics :(

Back