Official Retrobike MM thread - ONE WEEK LEFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
cchris2lou":3899q2lm said:
sleep in the car !!

that is what I am doing .

Would hardly call a galaxy a car... ;)

Cars are actually freezing cold to sleep in too.
What we really need is one f&^£ off big mess tent with a load of beds in. Easy.

gump":1dfera53 said:
What we really need is one f&^£ off big mess tent with a load of beds in. Easy.

Are you suggesting that all the teams sleep together :shock:

(Team A & C may listen in on my motivational team talk :LOL: )

I have a very large tent if you want me to bring it, the 2 rear rooms sleep 5 and those rooms only take up a third of the tent - I can easily park my VW Touran in the other section. whole tent is 3.5 x 5m and 2.1m head room.

It could easily work as a food tent/gazebo but it is heavy and takes an hour or so to pitch.

Let me know if we need it.

I'll am already bringing my small 4 man tent in case the car gets too cold. Happy to share if you don't mind my snoring and farting. :shock:

We ll see if car is that cold , I might have to find a space within the swedish female team tent . :LOL: :LOL:

Polished my Bontrager last night and sorted out my tent etc. My girlfriend is coming along so hope the weather is nice to keep her happy. Should be there by 6-7pm friday night with a little luck.

StevePSD":27pa7iq6 said:
Should be there by 6-7pm friday night with a little luck.

About the same time as me and Mike......least its not just us that'll be late'uns :LOL:

cchris2lou":1foiq9l8 said:
We ll see if car is that cold , I might have to find a space within the swedish female team tent . :LOL: :LOL:

Think I will sleep in the car too.. :) :) :D

Car will be fine if its not too cold and you have a good bag, but they stay about the same temp as outside, whereas even a cheap tent will be a couple of degrees warmer from your body heat. This actually makes quite a difference.

I am just taking a three man dome tent, which is pretty small and quick to put up/down.
I have a six man sprawling dome tent with foyer, lounge and two beds, but think this is overkill here
:LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back