Klein - a new beginning for an unloved Klein Attitude 1992.

Baldyz1

Retro Guru
So after 18 months of pondering what to do with my rather sad and unloved 92 Klein Attitude the journey is underway.

I managed to construct a new and integrated gear hanger and cable stop. It will be the first Attitude with a replaceable hanger. Really pleased with this as it has all been colour coded into the frame.

With bearings removed and frame forks and bars powder blasted she is resplendent in a new suit of clothes.

Now for the slow build up over the coming months.

Graffiti, albeit my take on Graffiti is fun and will always get mixed reviews. I can't wait to ride her but first I have to enjoy the build process with a mix of M900 and some Joe's Cantis in electric blue I think. Maybe blue cables, maybe a mix of colours on the cable outers.

I also have to sort out the cable guide under the BB. There isn't one and I don't have one. I am therefore going to print one at work on our prototype plastic printer. I will let you know how I get on with this.

More to follow but nothing for a couple of weeks probably as a kind member from Retrobike is going to help me with the bearings and I need the paint to settle.

Attachments

• Klein3.png
    Klein3.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,080
  • Klein_Graffiti.png
    Klein_Graffiti.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,080
Re: Klein - a new beginning for an unloved Klein Attitude 19

I have finally got all the parts together to start building my Klein Graffiti.

I will start the build step by step next week.

Attachments

• grafitti2_small.jpg
    grafitti2_small.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 928

...not a colourway I have seen before so will be interesting to see how the finished article looks.

Who did the paint btw?

Sweet. That is going to be cool :cool:

It was painted by a custom motorbike painter I know on the south coast. It took him many hours with much instruction from me on the decals etc. he swore at me many times during the process and he has the utmost respect for Jon and Martin of Etoe.

He wanted the challenge and we decided on a colour way that would suit a first timer a bit better. Graffiti was random anyway and klein just used left over paint from what I gather. He swore he would never do another.

I really like that paint. Before I sold my yo eddy I was contemplating something like that. Nice work, your painter should be proud, shame it's put them off doing more.

Re: Graffiti Finished

Finally finished my Klein Graffiti in time for the Klein Surrey Meet.

Attachments

• IMG_2664_small.jpg
    IMG_2664_small.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 695
  • IMG_2665_small.jpg
    IMG_2665_small.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 695
Re:

It was a bit rushed together in the end but I can't believe the old M900 is so easy to tune and it just works. Obviously setting up the cantis takes time however but they still have plenty of bite.

I cant stop looking in the garage for the moment. Now where is the next project?

Back