Yankee Funk - BEING REBUILT

Re: Look at what just got delivered : The Yankee Funk Build

I don't care about the age. I'm not trying to match exact year to build. I'm building the bike I want. :) yes, aware on fragility of cranks. Don't expect to be riding it hard anytime soon... Proof of the pudding is the rear wheel when it arrives from build ;-)

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/9...ckr.com/3710/10860922755_f55ffdf975.jpg[/img]
S l o w build Yankee funk by joe.handley.549, on Flickr[/url]

Its still going s l o w... but now I'm happier with the M1 fork - - the original fork crown had a removable steerer held in by allen bolts and as I have 28 stitches from a snapped steerer I looked for a later crown and ended up with a press fitted one and then had a right faff with the bottom chris king race versus the crown race in situ. now all osrted and I have 3 steerers and spare races if anybody wants any. I purposely left the steerer a little long and will see if it needs a trim once I get to ride this.

anyway...

I've also fitted a BB and the Syncros forged crankset and put on the front Pauls brakes. I dont like the gold on the chainrings so they might have to go and I think the middle is too worn anyway so will need replacing either way.

The next issues are the rear brake bosses are to big and I'll need to replace them but the good news is I found a Answer Hyperlite bar and its on its way. This really just leaves finding a decent set of tyres and seatpost and then cabling it all up. Undoubtedly followed by more fettling and faffing.

Gorgeous ! Looking forward to the finished article :) love a bike with some soul.

I've only just spotted this thread; what a cool looking frame.

I have a Concorde Astore road bike in stars and stripes paint, it's built up with SRAM running gear as I wanted the best of both worlds.

Looking forward to seeing your Funk up and running.

That's going to look wicked with the Disk drive pro!!

Yankee Funk

The build made a little headway this weekend now the hyperlites arrived and the Betsy shifters. Still lacking a seatpost and then will cable it up. I've orderd some red cable outers to see how they look. And I really should take the foam off thats zip tied on to protect the paint. ;)

EDIT: my LBS has a tool to measure seatpost sizing and it shows this bike needs a 31.6 . . any other Funk owners care to comment?

Back