yeti fro, new project ....now rebuilt....

Re: yeti fro, new project

redfern1950s":26lymb1e said:
these came through the post today, and are the same as on my ultimate..

They cost me a small fortune, but when i saw them i thought, when am i going to see another set.
Beautifully machined ...

avid ultimate cnc levers by redfern1950s, on Flickr

I recognise those...;)

I think you bought them from me off of eBay.

Glad to see they will get used on a great bike.

Like a lot of other people I'm looking forward to seeing this one coming together. Lovely stuff so far...

Giom6":vgi71r5z said:
redfern1950s":vgi71r5z said:
these came through the post today, and are the same as on my ultimate..

They cost me a small fortune, but when i saw them i thought, when am i going to see another set.
Beautifully machined ...

avid ultimate cnc levers by redfern1950s, on Flickr

I recognise those...;)

I think you bought them from me off of eBay.

Glad to see they will get used on a great bike.

Like a lot of other people I'm looking forward to seeing this one coming together. Lovely stuff so far...

Hello again,

Yes, they are your old levers...

I cant wait to get this bike sorted and get them fitted.

Glad you like my plans for this bike.

Bye for now.
Martin

Nice :cool:

Just dropping in to say hello after our recent ringle eBay dealings ;-)

Cheers,

WD :D

Update on resto..

Still needing a red anodized holey ringle seat skewer.
But Staying with the red ano theme, the bolts arrived today for the crank set. and also this set of NOS avid tri align canties, came from the states.

The early yeti bmx style seat clamp that came with this bike is black, but with me going for a black frame and a black seat post, i think this would go unoticed.
With that in mind, i would rather it was silver...
Ive just come across a spare nos collar, also in black ( its been in my tool box for over 20 years )
In stead of de-anodizing an original, the one on my ultimate was originally silver, this was anodized blue many years ago, and would be easy to make silver again...

Few more pics :

1990 yeti fro. by redfern1950s, on Flickr

I wont be using the 'tri dangle'

1990 yeti fro by redfern1950s, on Flickr

Hello,

Just taken delivery of a spare set of accu-trax. bought from the states, the guy i bought them off has a lot of rare parts & bikes etc, and his selling most of his collection. I will be in touch with him at some point , to get an idea of what he has for sale..
Alao bought some very good condition 'holey' ringle skewers at a very good price..

Any way..
Im struggling with the colour choice for this fro, every time i go out on it, im bumping into other riders who say, i should leave it as is, or restore back to original, rather than go with the all black i had planned for.
As you can see in the photo, the spare accu-trax, are in the purple that this fro originally was.

Hard to imagine that the frame was the same as these forks!!

Also from the states, was this wind breaker, bought of 'Ken foraker' via ebay.
( has his initials on the label ).. also bought his old 92 expo pass that came with a couple of badges...

ken foraker's team yeti windbreaker by redfern1950s, on Flickr

yeti cycles expo 92 pass. by redfern1950s, on Flickr

What a great score :D and gone to a safe home ! ;)

Have you had much communication with Ken he's an inspiration guy I'm sure Mike (RideVintage) will know loads more, Christ I cut most my fingers off on one hand and slowly getting back into riding again ..... he only had one leg ! makes me feel like a light weight. .....How the hell do you corner hard when you've only one leg?

As for the colour

I'd like to see it black, but the original colour is the one I'd personally stick with,
either way neither would be a "bad" choice... it just comes down to making a decision !

Black would I guess be the safer option, but its not a normal rig it's a Yeti ! and they've never been accused of being shy nor retiring :shock: so be bold

Having followed this thread I'm not sure your red anno theme would jell though... so perhaps Black it is

I guess this post has become nothing more than rambling indecision :facepalm:

oh Decisions Decision !

Spud ©™

Attachments

• Ken Foraker.jpg
    Ken Foraker.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 651

Retro Spud":6kwinz8r said:
Sorry for the thread hi-jack buddy

but I've just been only line and came across this on pink bike !

Ken Foraker taking on Kamikaze with only one leg. :shock: http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/10064443/

The dudes got Balls !

Hi Nick,

No worries about the thread high jack :D , good to have some pics added of the man him self in action.

Brilliant image.., Must have been fantastic to watch, if lucky enough to have been there..

About the decisions, decisions..., i know what you mean, all that red stuff ive collected, just wouldnt look right if re powder coated purple..

Im thinking, once ive got over being lost in limbo with decisions, i should start a new thread, with the finished article.. "my wife says go with the original"... we'll see.

Martin.

Latest posts

Back