New for me: GT zaskar now with pics

Not seen a rigid like that on a Zaskar before - usually end up with RockShox of some kind. Looks really nice though, suits it well. Nice bike :)

That is good for the price. Got some crap parts on it but would make a nice project. If it was in my size I would be annoyed at myself for missing that one ;)

Sean

SEANSTEPHENS":2q5u2c7s said:
Got some crap parts on it
Sean

LOL easy tiger! nothing is crap unless it dosnt work as intended, at the mo everything works on the bike :cool: ................................................

but I will be changing most bits for better :LOL:

That's debateable :p :cool: needs more XT and some rs judies ;)

Don't need XT to have a good bike :roll: . My '97 Gary Fisher is running an Alivio chainset which works fine , and Alivio cantis which are as powerful as you will ever need , if you know how to set them up . And I regularly show up clone-bike buddies on group rides when the tracks head skywards . More smiles per pound IMO .
The Zaskar looks fab as a rigid , don't see them often enough like that . Keep up the good work sunshine ;)
Mike

Cheers guys.
Mike I'm with you on the cheaper SPEC kit, ultimately it must and does work or they wouldn't have sold it.
I think this zaskar was a good SPEC build at some point, but over the years things have been changed on a budget, hence the mix an match kit, odd wheels etc. The cranks are brand new, as are the brakes, it has am XT front mech but cheep rear. That's my theory.

As for the forks, it is different with rigids, but the ride feels all wrong, too nose down, so will be changed at some point.

I think an early set of Marzocchi Bombers would suit the frame , both for geometry and aesthetically .
Maybe ride it 'til the cheap bits wear out - pretty quickly if you ride it off road - , and replace with upgraded parts .
Mike

Zaskars can 'tramline' with the wrong length for. Took me ages of fork buying to get the right ones. Eventually a decent set of GT Bolognia lites came up.

file.php

zaskar_update_127.jpg

file.php

How about trying a pair of Bonty Switchblades ? They clamp the legs at the crown , so you can adjust the length :idea:
Mike

Mike Muz 67":3lpo1qpf said:
How about trying a pair of Bonty Switchblades ? They clamp the legs at the crown , so you can adjust the length :idea:
Mike

That's not a bad idea...

But alas, I will become a sheep on this one and fit a set of judy SL's to her, im just waiting to find the spare time for refurbishment.

Back