Merlin Mountain #11450 - BUILD COMPLETED

Opinions on build options please!

My Merlin project is nearing the completion... However, I would like to hear your opinions on few things.
First: What about the cranks & BB - should I use XTR M900 + Syncros Ti BB or CODA Magic set ? I think the latter is way cool but I'm not so sure if it looks right on Merlin and I would be terrified to use it since getting the replacement rings would be PITA.
Second: The stem. Should I use Specialized Ti, Titec Ti or Salsa CrMo (black) ? With the first 2 options, the seatpost would be Ti as well and with Salsa stem, I would use black XTR M900 seatpost. And I guess that would need also black tyres as well...

merlin_11450_2.jpg

merlin_11450_3.jpg

I didnt think they would but IMO the CODA's look superb!- black tyres and a salsa stem for me would finish it :cool:

Build complete!

Managed to finish the Merlin build today - just nicely in time for it's the last day of my summer holiday.

I decided to go with XTR M900 cranks (Ti bolts of course) and with Spesh ti stem for the Titec build quality did not match the sweet welds on the Merlin frame.

This build has been made with a goal to use as much titanium as possible but not doing anything insane like spending hundreds on Morati cranks.
Still, most of the stuff is either titanium (even the spokes!) or carbon.

Merlin_001.jpg

More pics:

Back