MTFU or suitable accoutrements? Discuss

Just got round to reading this, interesting for me as i like to use mud guards sometimes.

Why?

They do more than keep mud at bay. It's also about other crud, glass, tarmac bits and the other canine toffee that rob mentioned. A few times i have had to use saline fluid(often with me on rides) to blast my eyeball free of whatever is there, preventing my essential vision and easing the discomfort.
You see, more often than not on rides, we have interconnecting hard trails or tarmac that induces tyres to rid themselves of mud and whatever else. It's even worked up beyond shades too, there again, nothing worse than shades or clear eye protection smeared with your effort to clear them with your hands. Up here we see moorland with plenty of sheep and cattle' bodily waste. It doesn't taste as good as it looks, i tell you. ;)

I'm sure mud guards were not marketed with the same "do i really need this"? as with some other accessories.

MTFU? whatever! If you feel they can benefit you and your bike, use them!

NeilM":2fkcew16 said:
sinnerman":2fkcew16 said:
The Ultimate bell, for bell enthusiasts, you can even get matching race kit and accessories.... :D

That is OUTSTANDING :mrgreen:

The Bells Cool, not sure about the suit.......Unless you remember lake leaping at Malverns of course....?

sadly the pics not of the Malverns but you get the picture.... :cool:

NOW that's MTFU.... :cool:

Attachments

• nautics04.jpg
    nautics04.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 153
Been busy. You all playing nicely?

Ass savers for the British steel. This is pure sex as it is. My MF also has a full selection of crud Catcher front and rear. They will stay as it gets ridden. Latest addition a rabbit blinding lezyne power drive xl. Helmet mount feels a bit weird. Not had chance to ride with it yet.

For mtb its water proof trousers cut off at the knee into long shorts and no guards. Crud guards look naff but are sensible for commuting.

velomaniac":xaytir73 said:
For mtb its water proof trousers cut off at the knee into long shorts and no guards. Crud guards look naff but are sensible for commuting.

This is not naff because? Might as well fit the guard. :facepalm:

Back