Mag Burner barn find

Bob Fossil

Old School Hero
Ive been hankering after an original Burner for a while. Spotted this one and thought it'd be worth the trip. 28 year old bikes don't usually fare too well.

Its in amazing 'survivor' condition. The frame has only a couple of marks that I'll touch in rather than paint or P/C. Like that patina originality.

So a real barn find, it must have been stored somewhere dry, result. It came up really well. The bars are needing some TLC where the brake levers have been slipping about.:(

The tyres are really badly perished so I'll need new ones, shame. A light resto and it'll be mustard. I'm thinking a layback post, Black Aeroyal saddle, new Decals bars restored, oh and some Odi mushrooms!

Putting aside the fact that they are tiny horribly impractical wee things and the braking performance being laughable/downright frightening. I'm going to enjoy this particular trip down nostalgia avenue.

I don't remember them being so bad in the 80's?

Resisting the urge to get a period number plate for it:)

94b0.jpg

cvkq.jpg

m1nj.jpg

That is very clean - maybe bought and keep for the grand kids when coming over and so not used much !

keep the parts that you take off in a box in case you want to turn it back to the original spec

Look's like tyres are the only thing needed new - the rest is a case of checking every bolt to see if tight ?

yup we were smaller back then and rode like kings - now a bit heavier and taller, so they do feel odd (try a mk 1 burner :LOL: )

great score ~ now go and enjoy :cool:

Now complete, its not period correct but had I been able to have one as a kid this is the way I would have wanted it anyway. :cool:

5k5w.jpg

0hhk.jpg

3m9m.jpg

37ux.jpg

y2jq.jpg

tgfw.jpg

Brilliant job. The paint work looks stunning seeing thats its all original.

Slightly bit jealous at the moment :mrgreen:

Back