iMac G5 Disc Stuck

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
Irritating day at Kawasaki Towers - my 1 year old iMac won't give me my disc back! Anyone got any tips here??

Mr K

did it get stuck with a cd from a newspapare or something like that ?

I am sure there were issues with some Apple could not take some of the cd/dvd given in the press .

I think Agency sum was the one with the problem on here , solution was on an Apple forum .

Sounds crazy but have you tried booting whilst holding the mouse button – should force-eject unless it's physically stuck

What do you mean by 'booting'...?? I have kicked it with slippered feet already... :roll:

Mr K - exasperated

Picked up a tip from the web - so obviously a known problem... had to lay the whole darn thing on its front and out she popped... how classy are Macs when they're face down... :roll:

To add insult to injury, my newly bought and expensive Time Capsule won't talk to the Mac yet (that was the install disc that got stuck) - that's what I love about Macs - so effin inuitive... :evil:

Mr K

Hmm… never come across the lay it down approach to disk removal :LOL:

It would be typically apple if it were a deliberately engineered solution, though I suspect it's just a fault.

The sacrifices we make for our professions – but ask yourself, would you prefer to have Jennifer Saunders or Jennifer Love-Hewitt sat on your desk?? Even if she does take your disks and not return them from time to time, I'd still favour the latter.

I always use the 'force eject' in the Disk Utilities section of the Utilities folder. Works everytime with no need to invert Mac!

Back