Fat Chance - Yo Eddy

Hi again retro buddies

I’m after some advice regards wheel builds.

I’ve got me some ‘off bronze’ bonty rims to go with my metallic purple Bici hubs, not exactly a subtle start I know.

Now the little boy in me wants purple ano nipples to match the hubs probably all laced with silver spokes.

Or maybe black spokes, or maybe gold…

I know coloured spokes will be a pain to replace but this bike is unlikely to get hammered.

This was meant to be a restrained build but a glut of bright keenly priced NOS parts has steered down another path.

Any opinions?

Go alternate colours ie 3dv/blue/green/3dv/blue/green and silver spokes defo not black!

Ha!

I bet Joseph's coat was chesper!

Also...

SID stanchion advice also required, I had the forks stripped down so the lowers could go for paint and my LBS advised they are quite corroded (stanchions not the lowers).

I called TF Tuning who advised there isn’t much that can be done.

Anyone have any experience with repairing or replacing?

The forks weren’t cheap and I don’t want this to be an absolute garage queen.

:cool: Oh my!! that is going to be one pretty bike :) super nice pick of parts mate :) , grabbing a seat :)

BTW, , you wanna sell me your 93 scott yet :LOL:

Yak!

When the bill for this pushes past the £2000 mark maybe I'll have to thin the herd!

(1992 Scott BTW)

Its gonna be worth every penny though ;)

I'm working on a similar Aquafade build ( mine needs a respray really ) but with matching AF Manitous and black components to offset the frame.

Looking forward to seeing your repaint and final build :)

Back