raam . . . ride across america! team yamaha utag

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
wasn't sure where to put this so here will do!

i have been intently watching the raam website because some of my friends are doing this race!

recently formed team Yamaha UTAG consisting of Julian Jenkinson, Steve Whitewick, Paul Flight and Andy Rivett (all vet catogory)

one of my last jobs before leaving the trade last week was to build their bikes, Cervelo soloist frames on dura-ace with srm power meters, awsome bikes! :cool:

it is an amazing race riding across america in a team timetrial relay for 3000miles! non stop! :shock: :shock: day and night! estimated time of the race is 6 days for a competative team.

and guess what . . . they are in the lead in their catagory at the moment!

well done you superfit bar stewards! :D

thought i'd let you guys know if you didn't know about it, there are race stats so you can see who is winning what catorgory and loads of pictures on the site generally! :D

www.raceacrossamerica.org

Attachments

• julianttresize.jpg
    julianttresize.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 955
Nice one .

Those bikes look the business , some even say the best road bike around at the moment .

you can be my bike bike mechanic anytime . :LOL:
I ll be looking for you if my bike needs fixing at the week end .

yeah the bikes are very nice, madison sponsord them for the frames wheels and groupsets, and a local company called elliots is paying for the costs etc, we built the bikes, 4 soloists and 4 p3's! lucky gits!

yeah, i'll be at ssmm, me, and 2 other guys supporting our 2 teams.

can't wait!!!!! :D :D :D :D

gonna try and sqeeze several bikes in the car, 2 spares for the guys and a couple of retro's for the stand maybe, it'll depend on space. and a tool or 2! and some beer! and food! and the kitchen sink! :D

they won their catagory!! :D :D and they were just mentioned on the news! well, local news, south today, for about 2 seconds!

thought i'd chuck on a few more pictures

Attachments

• julianandyresize.jpg
    julianandyresize.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 909
  • steve resize.jpg
    steve resize.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 909
  • the team.jpg
    the team.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 909
Back