Clubbytrails - Pics so you bawbags can see what you missed

clubby

MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
With Pitmedden out of action and Blairadam as damp as a soggy beaver :oops: , it's time to spread your wings again for the yearly migration out of Fife.

With that in mind I once again invite you all to sunny Angus for woody singletrack, coastal paths and some slickrock danger riding. If you're very nice to me I'll even show you my gaping holes, one of which you can enter but the other is look only. :shock:
For those that have been before (all two of you), we're doing it backwards this time with a new section or two thrown in.

The plan will form nearer the time, but I thought I should give you some advance warning of the date to give plenty of time to come up with excuses.

Re: Clubbytrails 3.0 - This time there's cake -- Sunday 24th

Excuses ........................ I like excuses :)

Cake you say?

I don't think I'm working that weekend, but will double check.

Hurrah I am free that weekend.

Should def be up for this.

Out on Sat night this week so thinking local on Sat mornin then away to New York for wifes 40th then Aberdeen w/e of 16th so will be limited riding for me unfortunately.

This is goin in the diary though.

Apart from it being Sunday, hate knackering myself on Sunday, I can see no excuses available so I'm in. Warning, to other attendees, I'll be begging a lift as usual :roll:

velomaniac":3tw4k7sx said:
hate knackering myself on Sunday

Don't worry Velo, it's not as if Rob died half way round last time.

Oh, hang on :facepalm:

clubby":19n00k4w said:
velomaniac":19n00k4w said:
hate knackering myself on Sunday

Don't worry Velo, it's not as if Rob died half way round last time.

Oh, hang on :facepalm:

aye thats right...he couldna sit doon for a week efter the ride ye gave him :shock:

hoping for a good hard session on the 24th as well to blow the New York cobwebs away.

Out for a wee trail recce today and despite the recent weather things are pretty good. Trails I did were damp and soft in places but no standing water or deep mud. One section is sometimes used for grazing cattle and can be really cut up, but farmer seems to have been avoiding it and it's in good nick. Also tried a beach top singletrack I usually ride on the fat bike which turns out is also really nice on a normal sized tyre. One really soft sandy bit but with a bit of luck and a lot of legs it's doable. Good fun riding in and out of the tank blocks.

So the way I see it we have three options.

1. Start and finish at mine. This has advantages of a coffee and cake before we go and a mug of soup when we get back, plus shower if needed (well it will be the end of November). Overall mileage will be at least 30 but could be extended to nearer 40 depending if the bomb range (yes really) is open. Remember there are no huge climbs and about half the mileage is cycletrack/back roads so it's not a long as it sounds. Cafe at harbour does good coffee and cake to fuel up for return leg.

2. Start and finish at Arbroath harbour. Plenty of free parking and will finish at cafe. This loop is maybe 20ish miles depending on detours. We'd miss the beach top track and another offroad trail, but would still get the excellent woods and cliff top trail north of Arbroath.

3. A bit of both. Those that want to do the full ride can start at mine and we can pick up the rest on the way past the harbour.

Any thought/suggestions? Also it's only a week and half away so can I have a provisional roll call.

If I make it I will be on the short loop version, I still can't commit unless you bring a load of stock from your work :)

Back