MacRetro chat and rides thread

Glad he's ok Jamie, I've done a few hospital stays with my boys but it must be a helluva lot worse 100miles from home.

Thanks guys.
Yeah, it was a bit of a frightener when it kicked off TK.
He had a bit of a cough the night before and just sounded like he was getting a cold. The morning saw him a bit wheezy so got an appiontment at the docs for 10. His gran was up so Heather and I went to work. I got a call at work just after 10 to say get out to the village near home as the helicopter was on its way to get him to Inverness asap. The helicopter was delayed slightly on another call out so Inverness sent a plane straight up to Wick and the Thurso ambulance had him there and waiting within 1/2 hour or so. Heather had arrived from work at the hospital by then so she flew down with him while I sorted home and then drove down.
Alls better now but scary times I must admit, especially when they cant work out why he cant oxygenate his lungs.

Jamie

Glad to here all is well Jamie, you can never be too careful where a child's health is concerned

You'll be glad you missed the horrendous weather on Arran though

Jamiedyer":24u2ki3r said:
Thanks guys.
Yeah, it was a bit of a frightener when it kicked off TK.
He had a bit of a cough the night before and just sounded like he was getting a cold. The morning saw him a bit wheezy so got an appiontment at the docs for 10. His gran was up so Heather and I went to work. I got a call at work just after 10 to say get out to the village near home as the helicopter was on its way to get him to Inverness asap. The helicopter was delayed slightly on another call out so Inverness sent a plane straight up to Wick and the Thurso ambulance had him there and waiting within 1/2 hour or so. Heather had arrived from work at the hospital by then so she flew down with him while I sorted home and then drove down.
Alls better now but scary times I must admit, especially when they cant work out why he cant oxygenate his lungs.

Jamie

Just read this the now Jamie. :shock:

Don't know how I missed it before, but I just wanted to say I hope the wee man is doing OK after this scary incident!

And I hope your son is feeling better too. :LOL: :facepalm:

Seriously though, hope everything is cool. ;)

Easily the quote of the day on RB :facepalm:

"Stupidly economical, stupidly reliable and can take a huge load (just like the missus)." :LOL:

Thanks for the kind words fftc.
Alls well now thankfully.
I also agree with Rob that must be the quote of the day, if not month ;)

Jamie

Back