Brodie Sovereign

Go with the dark blue skewers. They look better and will set off the hubs - similar to the brake levers which have both blue and turquoise on them. All turquoise on the bottom looks kinda goofy to me,.

raidan73":2tm1x7nt said:
:oops:

How about turquoise skewers to match the hubs and a few other turquoise highlights to balance the blue?
what would you suggest? everything i wanted in colour is already there as blue. the RF HS, bar and cranks all match. the CT brakes and Avid levers are close enough (a little lighter) to the RF kit to not look too off. :p

i think once painted the colour scheme i want, i don't think it'll be as obvious as the forks and seat stay will be white and might give a good blend between the blue/turquoise components.

dirttorpedo":3riamz1j said:
Go with the dark blue skewers. They look better and will set off the hubs - similar to the brake levers which have both blue and turquoise on them. All turquoise on the bottom looks kinda goofy to me,.

i think i'll have to keep both sets for now and wait till it's all painted to decide between the two sets. with the turquoise QRs, at least it looks like it belongs to the hubs, although miss-matched with the rest of the blue. but the dark blue QRs look off with the hubs being so close proximity.

to be honest, what's really putting me off is the condition of the turquoise. :? if i can find a nicer turquoise set then i think i'd be okay with it. perhaps by the time i have it repainted and stem adjusted, i'll have another set in better condition.

RockiMtn":1u4snnop said:
raidan73":1u4snnop said:
:oops:

How about turquoise skewers to match the hubs and a few other turquoise highlights to balance the blue?
what would you suggest? everything i wanted in colour is already there as blue. the RF HS, bar and cranks all match. the CT brakes and Avid levers are close enough (a little lighter) to the RF kit to not look too off. :p

i think once painted the colour scheme i want, i don't think it'll be as obvious as the forks and seat stay will be white and might give a good blend between the blue/turquoise components.

Bottle cage bolts :LOL:

Once you get it painted I guess it will be easier to see how the colours look against the frame. Any plans on when the painting will be done? If it looks anything like your initial design it's going to be sweet :cool:

i don't think bolts will make much of a difference. :LOL:

i'll need the work on the stem done first, as it will need to be painted along side the frame and fork.

RockiMtn":3277wnwl said:
i don't think bolts will make much of a difference. :LOL:

i'll need the work on the stem done first, as it will need to be painted along side the frame and fork.

This one could be a bit of a long haul? Will you get the stem painted white as your original mock-up?

OCD kicked in and decided to do yet another trace before sending this off to Paul. I gave an attempt to peel off one of the decals in one piece to scan, but proved too difficult as it's fragile, so gave up. I'll leave the honours to Paul to destroy them when he modifies the stem. :(

also received my order of much needed Brodie and RM decals. thanks goes out to Jim. took over a year, and over 100 emails between us, but finally got them. :LOL: ;)

Attachments

• DSC00704.JPG
    DSC00704.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 444
  • DSC00697.JPG
    DSC00697.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 443
  • DSC00685.JPG
    DSC00685.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 443
RockiMtn":9t4hbyek said:
most likely will stick with the Avid Ult SDs levers already on the build. but i couldn't resist giving a go at snagging this set of bling as a possible alternative. yum… set of not so common Altek canti brake levers. good spare to have for a future build. ;)

yummy

while i wait patiently for the return of the stem … yah! maybe weeks end?

decided i'll go with a short cage XT and add some more blue with some pulleys. not quite as tidy, but still in good condition.

and i'm still looking for a blue rollamajig. :?

Attachments

• DSC00943.JPG
    DSC00943.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 340
Back