i'm back to tracing again :roll:

Attachments

• DSC05366.JPG
    DSC05366.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 556
  • DSC05364.JPG
    DSC05364.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 556
completed the digital hand trace from the scan of the physical trace. a lot of tweaking applied using a composite of the decals from both sides as neither were really complete for any of the individual letters. i think i came up with a good representation of what it should be.

Attachments

• DSC05389.JPG
    DSC05389.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 519
  • DSC05388.JPG
    DSC05388.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 519
  • Sovereign.jpg
    Sovereign.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 519
RockiMtn":1jjpqbgv said:
completed the digital hand trace from the scan of the physical trace. a lot of tweaking applied using a composite of the decals from both sides as neither were really complete for any of the individual letters. i think i came up with a good representation of what it should be.

Nice one :cool: a neat trick and a nice build. I love the brodie geometry/style - to digitise the decals, did you trace them in illustrator or some other vector based program?

thx! i traced both the left and right side on one sheet so i can reference the placement in relationship to each other. i then scanned in the trace i did and cleaned it up in photoshop. overlayed the left and right side trace on top of each other to get the best tracing. them pulled that into illustrator and hand traced from the scan, then tweaked it comparing to the actual decals. then when i was happy with it, i cloned the single side and rotated and mapped it to the other side so that when printed i can hopefully wrap it around the tube in one go.

most likely will stick with the Avid Ult SDs levers already on the build. but i couldn't resist giving a go at snagging this set of bling as a possible alternative. yum… set of not so common Altek canti brake levers. good spare to have for a future build. ;)

Attachments

• DSC05773.JPG
    DSC05773.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 488
so i've sourced myself a proper Brodie stem and naturally would like to swap it in for the Syncros stem i currently marked for the build. unfortunately it doesn't have the internal cable routing for the front brakes, and i need that as i can't use a hanger with the Race Face headset (fixed stack height which doesn't allow for spacers), and can't mount a hanger on the Gator fork. so i desperately asked around to see if anyone had a spare stem with an internal cable guide that i could purchase or swap against my stem. i found out stems are probably rarer than gator forks. :shock:

so what to do? i've inquired with Paul Brodie to see if he could modify my existing stem and add the internal cable routing to my existing stem. his answer was yes, so now i just need to work out the details! :)

i've also picked up two sets of Ringle 3-holed ti QRs. one set is lighter turquoise and is a complete set of three, although i can't use the seat binder on the Brodie. the other set is a darker blue set, in MUCH better condition. my dilemma… i would much more prefer to use the nicer set, however the colour doesn't go with the pulstar hubs, but matches the rest of the blue parts on my bike. however the turquoise is a perfect fit for the hubs. :roll: :facepalm:

the hubs on the wheelset are the odd man out with respect to colour on the build, but i still want to use them, so i'm leaning towards the turquoise, less pristine condition QRs… THOUGHTS?

Attachments

• DSC06176.JPG
    DSC06176.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 444
  • DSC06174.JPG
    DSC06174.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 444
  • DSC06172.JPG
    DSC06172.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 444
  • DSC06171.JPG
    DSC06171.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 444
  • DSC06168.JPG
    DSC06168.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 444
  • DSC06201.JPG
    DSC06201.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 444
Like you said Frank, there are so many of the blue parts that do match one another that I would use the darker skewers and ditch the hubs! If you're hearts set on keeping the hubs then I guess you do need to stick with the turquoise skewers though.

Nice stem! If Paul could add a hanger or internalize the routing that would be ideal.

I have a pet peeve of sorts about cable hangers, prefer not to use them unless there isn't any other options. They can clutter an otherwise very smart and clean build.

Carry on, beautiful bike!

raidan73":2wtzfrkz said:
Like you said Frank, there are so many of the blue parts that do match one another that I would use the darker skewers and ditch the hubs! If you're hearts set on keeping the hubs then I guess you do need to stick with the turquoise skewers though.

pulstar wheelset are staying. just a matter of what QRs to use. i've been looking for a build to put them on (plus all the other blue bits i've collected) for quite some time. if not the Brodie, it would have went on the white Blizzard of yours if i had ended up getting it.

:oops:

How about turquoise skewers to match the hubs and a few other turquoise highlights to balance the blue?

Back