Top quality Italian frameset, Columbus SL or SLX, 25in/64cm

destry

Dirt Disciple
I've always wanted to try out a top Italian (or perhaps Italian style -- something like a Merckx would be interesting) racer, so this is my next project. I am 6' 6" so I need at least a 25 inch/64 cm frame. 70s frameset preferred. Any condition so long as the steel is straight, sound and undamaged.

Re: Top quality Italian frameset, Columbus SL or SLX, 25in/6

Hi -

Would you consider a Dutch/English frame?

Taller people generally do well hunting for Gazelle etc. Occasionally English large frames come up, but the 62cms I've seen so far were all Dutch. 64 would be quite hard in 70s, again Dutch / English or maybe ebay.de.

Italian 52-55 mostly, sometimes 57.

Just my two cents :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks... I might go Dutch, but already have a fair collection of big English bikes! I have seen one or two big Italian frames in the past (after all, they are plenty of tall Italian cyclists) and regularly curse myself for not buying them...

Moser was pretty tall! I'm on eBay.it if I spot something will let you know. Prices there much better than uk if you don't mind having to read through / ask about postage.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rolling Thunder, it's a tad small but I might be tempted!

JWestland, that is very kind of you -- thanks! I don't at all mind the effort of dealing with an Italian seller. I've had appalling problems sending bits and pieces to Italy, but the couple of times I've bought have been fine. And in fact all the Italian folk I've dealt with through ebay -- buyers and sellers -- have been very friendly.

I have a powder-coated Pinarello, with a 58cm top tube, 19.2 cm headtube, 62ctt seat tube.
Columbus steel (SL, I Believe). The head tube lenght made it too tall for me at 6'3''.

Campag dropouts on the frame, non-original forks(Columbus, with Col drop-outs), head set and Campag bottom bracket. Cable routing through top tube. Only ridden once since powder-coated, (red with white panels) and has been sitting in my garage for the past two years, as it is too tall for me.

PM me if you want some pics and any more details. £125 posted.

David

Thanks, David, but this isn't quite what I am looking for and is probably anyway a bit on the small side for me...

Back