Dodgy Ebay Sellers

I am currently have a weird one never before since 2003 trading.

Sold an item for £130 ...I emailed both when I recieved payment and to estimate delivery time and then once courier booked with tracking number never got a reply. Sent the item never heard anything for about 2 weeks then the item got returned to us from the courier as undelivered (they tried twice) within a day I then got a message from buyer stating they hadn't seen the parcel yet. I replied telling them what had happened and what they want to do...... Never got a reply ....spoke to eBay asking advice as bit of a weird scenario and sent another message asking again what they want me to do ....that was about 5 days ago .... No reply. Weird

And so the whole saga rolls on.The partial refund failed to clear the sellers bank,so I asked Customer Support to rule on the issue.It sort of has,it has been agreed that I will get my money back in full including postage,but only when I return the faulty shifters.To help me with this it has emailed me a prepaid by Ebay parcelforce address label,something I have never heard of before.At least I now have the name and address of the seller and can return the shifters.

The whole thing sucks.I have always been careful to keep my 100% rating on Ebay (youngman8618 if you are interested,check my feedback) but the whole concept of Ebay gets undermined by a few individuals behaviour.I have relied on Ebay for most of the parts I needed to complete my small fleet of three bikes this year,and without it the bikes would have cost a lot more,however I will be more careful in the future and will only deal with sellers with 100% records.

That happened to me, you should get your refund as soon as ebay gets a tracking number from the post office.

frank.youngman":rvuytvn5 said:
And so the whole saga rolls on.The partial refund failed to clear the sellers bank,so I asked Customer Support to rule on the issue.It sort of has,it has been agreed that I will get my money back in full including postage,but only when I return the faulty shifters.To help me with this it has emailed me a prepaid by Ebay parcelforce address label,something I have never heard of before.At least I now have the name and address of the seller and can return the shifters.

The whole thing sucks.I have always been careful to keep my 100% rating on Ebay (youngman8618 if you are interested,check my feedback) but the whole concept of Ebay gets undermined by a few individuals behaviour.I have relied on Ebay for most of the parts I needed to complete my small fleet of three bikes this year,and without it the bikes would have cost a lot more,however I will be more careful in the future and will only deal with sellers with 100% records.

:D

LIST

1) only5poundsbuyme
2)

Ordered a set of new straddle cables from bikeaider and have been sent two very short brake cables (no extended nipples as shown in the pictures), utter tool. As they were so cheap it's hardly worth sending them back, it will be more in postage than they are worth and unless I send them signed for I will probably get the 'I didn't receive them back' story.

Carl.

frank.youngman":17ohpibc said:
I will be more careful in the future and will only deal with sellers with 100% records.

I usually look for 98-99.x%. There's a lot of dodgy buyers out there too that just can't be pleased and give unwarranted negative ratings. Look through the feedback and see why the seller received the negative(s) and go from there.

FMJ":1bwm91g9 said:
frank.youngman":1bwm91g9 said:
I will be more careful in the future and will only deal with sellers with 100% records.

I usually look for 98-99.x%. There's a lot of dodgy buyers out there too that just can't be pleased and give unwarranted negative ratings. Look through the feedback and see why the seller received the negative(s) and go from there.

My seller has 100% positive, but I don't think this will last as they offered the expected full refund + original postage costs. Told them I want return postage too as they misdescribed it.

Carl.

There's ways around the bad feedback rating.

The shower I bought a bike from in Italy wiped out the bad rating percentage from my feedback by selling themselves loads of stuff for 50 cents a piece. Of course the rating and feedback comments they gave themselves were full of good praise about how smashing they were.

You've got to be really careful dealing on Ebay as it's a liars charter and it's your money you're spending.

Of course not all sellers are bad, but I've had a high percentage of crap ones.

Back