Le Mans

Role Models

I know my Peskyrolos... the first edition of Autosport I ever bought covered his win in '72, so it's ingrained!

Great race this year - watched several hours of it on Eurosport, when I should have been training for MM no doubt!

Mustang is not for me I'm afraid - a shonky money-pit of a manual XJ-S is where I'm headed!

Mr K

Attachments

• xj-s-f3q.jpg
    xj-s-f3q.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 730
  • Matra670-LM72.jpg
    Matra670-LM72.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 730
Dr S ...

You sound like you have a motorsport background, May I ask your story?

I have been brought up into Motorsport from an early age, Raced sports libre cars and historic saloons and dad has been in the trade since birth, he was involved in different race teams last one in its stable having Shelby mustangs, 911 rsr`s , Real Jag D type etc etc

Always followed le mans cars from my first 1000 kms at Silverstone in 1987 and first went to Lemans in 1991 when the screaming Mazda won ...Havent been back for about 5 years now but will do again. Would be nice to get back there with dad just hope I havent missed the boat.

Did the very first classic le mans too helping with a mini marcos .... That was great fun!! Beating some very expensive cars with the little feller!! :D

Attachments

• 2006-04-17_CC_Practice_021.jpg
    2006-04-17_CC_Practice_021.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 727
daj":xze2hfx2 said:
Did the very first classic le mans too helping with a mini marcos .... That was great fun!! Beating some very expensive cars with the little feller!! :D

I remember the little fella well- quite a crowd favouite as I recall. I bet that was great fun on the Mulsanne in the dark with stuff going past 80mph faster- hope it had big mirrors :shock:

Sounds like our paths may have crossed sometime in the past- small world ;)

S

And that is the magic of the classic, there is something there for everyone. I enjoyed my trip to the main race a couple of years ago, the noise (or lack of it from the Diesels made them seem really sinister), the colour and everything was cool but could not form a bond with the cars. Enjoyed walking around the cars from the Classic mini-race at the start and cheering on the Healeys far more than looking at the modern lumps of plastic (as impressive as they were).

I will go back, but only to the classic, and probably in 2010 just before I emigrate. There should be some really cool retro racers on the track then...

Make sure you come and find us in 2010 then. Hoping to finalise a deal in the next few weeks to get a seat on the next Classic in a Chevron. Will be my lifes ambition achieved to compete at Le Sarthe in a competative car. Fingers crossed it all comes together.

Latest posts

Back