1994 GT Psyclone Updated 8-16 New Photos

Re: 1994 GT Psyclone Dream Project

A little progress with the Psyclone. I was given a steel GT flip flop stem and black GT bar which is a very nice start. Also bought a GT cable hanger.

Looking through my old magazines I found a 1994 Excel Sports catalog which has proven very useful in identifying the exact products available and what they look like. The latter being very important because many companies offered the same products for years but updated the look.

I was also looking for a parts donor bike and found (some folks may want to divert their eyes) a GT Zaskar on Craigslist. Unfortunately it was a little rough so I passed. Right now I am thinking about either doing an all GT build with XTR M900, or perhaps a boutique all CNC type build.

here are a couple of pics, the stem is flawless could even be NOS, bar not so much but still nice.

Steven

Attachments

• psyclone 21 web.jpg
    psyclone 21 web.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 413
  • psyclone 20 web.jpg
    psyclone 20 web.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 413
  • psyclone 19 web.jpg
    psyclone 19 web.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 413
Re: 1993 ? GT Psyclone Dream Project

lewisfoto":31kbusu0 said:
and the post is 26.8.

I think you'd better verify this to be true before you go putting in a 26.8 and clamping down that seat tube more than was originally intended. My 94 Psyclone frame takes a 27.0 post as do the other four Psyclones and the two Cyclones that I have. Would be a pitty to squeeze it closed more than it was engineered and develop a stress riser that leads to a crack in a seat tube slit. Just sayin...

gm1230126":25o1o1zj said:
lewisfoto":25o1o1zj said:
and the post is 26.8.

I think you'd better verify this to be true before you go putting in a 26.8 and clamping down that seat tube more than was originally intended. My 94 Psyclone frame takes a 27.0 post as do the other four Psyclones and the two Cyclones that I have. Would be a pitty to squeeze it closed more than it was engineered and develop a stress riser that leads to a crack in a seat tube slit. Just sayin...

Thanks for the tip. When the frame first arrived I was sure it would be 27.0 and was shocked when I could not get a post of that size to fit. But armed with this info I will try again.

The 27.0 post fit like a glove so I can't explain what happened the first attempt but happy to have sorted that. The only post I have in that size is snazzy Dura-Ace aero model which I am afraid will be too short in the long run.

Also tried a couple of different handlebar combos:

Attachments

• psyclone 27 web.jpg
    psyclone 27 web.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 371
  • psyclone 23 web.jpg
    psyclone 23 web.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 371
  • psyclone 22 web.jpg
    psyclone 22 web.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 371

Ah, so jealous! Can I find a bl**dy GT logo flat bar anywhere for my LTS? Not a chance.

Straight or straight w/onza for sure.

Rahbari":1egp66uk said:
file.php

(C) GM1230126

I miss you. :cry:

Back