MacRetro Mini Meet Carron Valley 1030am, Hit Trail 11am.

"Gazz is probably wondering whether or not he's gonna look like a big shandy drinker if he shows up with a full sus' and we're all riding rigid/hardtails. "

........cheeky barsteward, I'm coming with a penny farthing to show you punters how retro and HARD I am :twisted:

Dates were never my strong point :oops:

Still think I'll bring the proflex ;)

velo, you will be the pacemaker with all these glentress visits under your belt.

Still think I'll bring the proflex

Excellent. I'd maybe like a wee go this time if that's cool...after the revelation at the weekend that was front suspension I'd quite like to see how full sus' shapes up. :)

Calm down...there's no way in hell I'm ridding the Beast up that first climb! I'd like a shot on the Cannonball Run or the Runway please. ;)

I'm bringing the bouncer, I've discovered the joys of small jumps and weenie drop offs on the final blue descent at Glentress which would have hurt on the Raleigh.

Daves bringing his van maybe so a brew ups guaranteed and possible a shelter if it rains.

Cheers

Possibly,maybe going to not bring a full boing as i have my recently aquired Royce union 8TD to try out.

This is not a high end marque, rather the bike is the higher end of a low end marque, a brand similar to our Falcon or Emmelle brands. Unusual design in oversized alloy from about 1997-98.

It will be semi-boing as I have just bought some NOS RST 461 forks with a 1" unthreaded steerer for £20 posted, a right bargain ! The forks have got many good write ups from back in the late 90's.

Will equip the bike with 21 speed, deore and lower mix and hopefully some better tyres than the cheapos I have currently.

Knowing my luck the whole thing will snap at the first bump but it looks pretty beefy.

Looking forward to it !

Note to kaiser, if I can build up a complete bike in less than three weeks then surely he can show up on a genuine retro bike too :D :D

Cheers all...................

Back