rBoTM November 2013 - Nominations Please!!!

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Winter is well on its way so if you can find a gap in the weather to wheel out your prize rides lets see them for Novembers rBoTM!

Please add you username and bike to your entry i.e:

Tel's 1982 Gazelle AA

A reminder of the rules:

1. Please enter your bicycle in the correct Bike of The Month category, i.e. no mtbs in Road Bike of The Month and vice versa.
2. Keep all comments and criticism constructive, avoid personal attacks.
3. It is strongly suggested all bikes are placed in the reader's bikes section prior to entry into BoTM. In this way a bike can under go a more gentle critique prior to the spotlight and interest of BoTM. More detail and extra pictures can be added here.
4. If you aren't prepared that your bike undergo criticism as part of BoTM don't enter it. We have many 1000s of views on this thread in a month - make sure both you and your bike are ready!
5. Don't register 15 extra users to vote for your own bike and for trolling purposes. This will result in a ban from retrobike.
6. Bike must be complete.
7. Bike must be currently owned by site member / nominee. If the bike is sold prior to or during the contest it will become ineligible.
8. Two pictures per bike only. All additional photos can be included in your reader's bike section thread.
9. One bike per user per month - don't be greedy.
10. Judges decision is final.
11. If a bike wins BoTM it cannot be re-entered in any poll by the same owner. If it is sold any re-entry is strictly at the judges discretion.
12. Bikes can only be entered once in a normal month and once in a special month. That is you can enter any bike TWICE (unless it wins in which case it cannot be entered again - see rule 11).
13. Don't take it too seriously
14. Please ensure the frame (and ideally components) is/are vintage/retro/classic (certain special month excepted).

I will get the ball rolling with this as purchase Raleigh RRA from this late 1970's. Untouched by me and in lovely condition for 30 years + old bike.I rode end to end on one just like it back in the day.

Bagpuss's Late 1970,s RRA

10477651705_b4789273bf_b.jpg

10477657744_cc053d925d_z.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74418119@N ... 477657744/

Tel would you oblige with your trick with adding the picture link direct :facepalm:

Camapghunter - original 1983 531c Walvale

Here goes...

This is my 1983 Walvale 531C that was hand built for me by Norman Roberts in Liverpool. Everything is original Campagnolo Super or Nuovo Record, Mavic Rims, Cinelli bars and stem, Chrstophe clips, Binda straps (tyres, tape and cables are new). The paint and chrome are original. Turbo saddle.

Ridden in hundreds of races and just restored it with a lot of polish and TLC after a decade in the garage. Brought back a lot of happy memories so thought I would post it on here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 834
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 834
landsbee - Landshark Road Shark 1988

My contribution to rBoTM November election is this road bike.

It is a Land Shark Road Shark (John has built in 198:cool:, Handmade & Handpainted by John Slawta (the founder and owner of Land Shark). I have it set up 7400/7401 with Shimano Dura Ace group. Mavic rims, Selle Italia Turbo saddle, handlebars and stem 3ttt. A nice gimmick is the air pump Silca John has painted the frame color. The paint is very crazy and it lights up real nice too :cool:

Enjoy the contest,

best regards Daniel

Landshark Road Shark 1988 RBUK rBoTM 11_2013 01 von veloliebe auf Flickr

Landshark Road Shark 1988 RBUK rBoTM 11_2013 02 von veloliebe auf Flickr

Blimey! Some lovely lovely bikes so far. Looks like I am going to have to employ the random choice technique when it comes to voting.

Flipping heck!

The Land Shark clearly for the win. Then I scroll down to the lovely, understated Pinarello. Hmm, things just got a bit more complicated. Then on to the 3Rensho and my confusion grows. And it's not exactly as if the other entries aren't quality.

Top drawer month.

+1 for the Land Shark, just for the name even, LAND SHARK, blimey! Get out of the way, coming through with my matching psychedelic pump.

Gavr's 1990 Tommasini Super Prestige

This is my first complete Italian build. A fabulous hand built frame in Columbus SLX, fully original and stunning paint and chrome work with full Campagnolo 7 speed Croce d'Aune group.

Build thread is here viewtopic.php?f=23&t=273160

Attachments

• IMG_3743.jpg
    IMG_3743.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 615
  • IMG_3739.jpg
    IMG_3739.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 615
Back