Show us what you did today, thread

zigzag":onjf3e5h said:
That frame looks brand bloody new.

So what's the rationale? Winter SS? I always thought the Soul was a bit of hooligan - the kind of thing you'd want a nice big plush fork on. Mind you, you've got me thinking about rigid forks on the Pipedream.

Honestly I cannot find a blemish on it! The rationale was that I had quite a few bits and bobs about, the forks and wheels for instance. This was then added to by the fact that even though I still by and large reckon the 29er is better for me, some of the local stuff would be fun on 26er some parts are tight and twisty. I also really like the Vicious as a singlespeed, really nice steel frame with some nice bits, but the lack of discs is a bit of a grind. I'd also sold a pair of carbon planet x wheels, now these were bought as a special me present when I sold my Capri ( :cry: ) so the money was sitting waiting for me to do something with it and I wanted to buy something nice rather than fritter it away on bits and bobs. Anyhoo several frames were considered, but the 'magic' of the Soul had piqued my interest and nothing else would do. Maybe not exactly rational but it how I got here!

The Soul is billed more as a XC/Trail hardtail suitable for 100-150mm with the consensus being 120 is about right, for more hooligan the Bfe is the boy, same geo just a bit more of a brute. I reckon I'll play about with this, when the exodus of 26er parts happens I might pick up a set of 120 forks and maybe even gears( I have another really nice set of Bontrager XXX wheels too). So it'll be a work in progress, trying out some different set ups. But yes just now winter SS though with the pristine condition its in it pains me to do it!

zigzag":1k1gvve0 said:
That frame looks brand bloody new.

The power of helitape (and other bikes being more in favour) :)

Good to see the build pics, Kaiser. Look forward to seeing your completed bike.

No idea how you find the time for all these builds K. You must be the most prolific builder on here.

10764635783_83856e9d93_c.jpg

Today I started officially 'training' for the Puffer on some of my local stuff. I say training but it will mostly consist of riding as much as I can whenever I can! I'm getting up super early tomorrow to cycle into work and try and squeeze in a bit extra, alarm will be set for 4 but I reckon the snooze might get a battering :p

kaiser":1yw4hz0e said:
10764635783_83856e9d93_c.jpg

Today I started officially 'training' for the Puffer on some of my local stuff. I say training but it will mostly consist of riding as much as I can whenever I can! I'm getting up super early tomorrow to cycle into work and try and squeeze in a bit extra, alarm will be set for 4 but I reckon the snooze might get a battering :p

Lovely pic as always :D
Are you going to try anything in the dark, in your trail that is and any 'training' on the race route itself.

PS
Is that a 160mm front rotor :?

Andy, the pic above is from my regular night ride route, unfortunately I won't get to ride the race route but I've raced it before in the puffer lite smear version.

And yes a 160, they look small on the 29ers.

Latest posts

Back