November 2013 Nominations Please !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the Fat coming up for sale a while back,was a debate at the time IIRC of it being an early Yo. The box crown fork makes it for me, lovely looking bike.

Decals might imply Yo but the frame screams TC. Cable routing is TC, headtube reinforcements are pre Yo, the welds on the bullet endcaps on the stays are just like my TC. I'm assuming the seat post is a 26.4, that's about the only thing that looks like it might be Yo-ish (ie, it looks a bit bigger than 26.4).

It's been a while but I remember the shop had it as a Yo! and so I asked Heidi about it and said I thought it was a Team Comp and she verified that it was. Some nice Fat people (shout out to fatmikey) also told me it was a TC. Then cycle exif posted it as a Yo! and a bunch of people including myself told them it was a TC.

Not sure how it ended up the Yo decals but as you can see, there are just random dinosaur decals everywhere as well.

Couple of people have mentioned this thread to me. As ever some 'heated' discussion which I suppose is half the point of BoTM. Things seemed to have relaxed a little on here so let's keep it that way. Couple of points

1. Nick aka the proscloset is entering bikes from his own collection afaik. As such he is welcome to do so.
2. Loving that little Fat and the image. Where is that photo taken?
3. Keep the entries coming.

John":3tadvj9y said:
2. Loving that little Fat and the image. Where is that photo taken?
I think in Boston’s Superb Bicycle store (it's been a long time, in those days my wife also wanted to buy it)

I've always loved this bike and its owner Heidi Davis (although I've never seen her :cool: )

MikeD":1r7islyz said:
Fat makes me wish I was short :)
Be careful what you wish for man . Short and fat isn't a good look ! :LOL: My vote goes to the Raleigh nicely understated , er and Barts' Stumpy , classic looks , oh and not forgetting Yeti-mans DBS , like the chroming :facepalm: Oh it's not easy is it :roll: ;)
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back