Trek 8900 owners

I see that bolt but no roller I will have to mount a clamp version or a cable stop further up and use a top pull mech. I think the latter solution will look neater but will cost me more as I have a bottom pull mech.

Had an idea!

I will report back.

I found a pulley (nicked of a top pull and bottom pull convertor) and fitted it. That was my idea a very small one but it saved me some money.

Good work :cool: surely that bolt is there to hold a pulley, if not then what is it doing there?!
and you can use your bottom pull mech :)

On these Trek, no pulley :D
It's the housing, not the cable which works

PS : what is a doohickey ? I admit my limits for understand US :D

That's barmey. Truely madness I bought a frame designed by someone who smoked to much wacky backy on evening and he thought this is good idea.

24pouces":3sdz4pzf said:

On these Trek, no pulley :D
It's the housing, not the cable which works

PS : what is a doohickey ? I admit my limits for understand US :D

There's the doohickey in the front derailleur that you posted. Great picture, thanks!

Front view of doohickey. :D

P1110067_zpse9e3f89d.jpg

Well I will have to use that XC pro front mech with the frame rather than the XTR mech I was hoping to use unless I use a pulley mounted to the bolt and a seat tube cable stop. What to do?

The 'doohickey'* will bolt to any bottom pull fd.....interesting to see if still available!.....it's an odd idea, but it does work!.....

*.....never ever heard that name before, sounds like a thingameebob!.....I love it....I will endeavor to include it in conversation as often as possible.....

Back