Henristig's picture journal

Ok, yesterday I finally managed to get some half-decent shots of my pride and joy - the orange/white clockwork. After two weeks of pretty much non-stop rain the weather finally held up so I could go out and take some pictures. They were mostly just practise-shots to try and get the fluoro orange looking right (which is surprisingly hard!), so nothing too special, but I think a few of them came out quite natural - although perhaps a bit unsharp... I'd kill for a tripod right now.

The trails were extremely muddy and, consequentially, so was the clockwork, but I think the grime gives a nice flair to the pictures :D

Oh, and sorry 'bout the overextended rear mech :facepalm:

pHQWV7m.jpg

40wjIv6.jpg

sQGsln9.jpg

xvKsftW.jpg

QyojENH.jpg

Eddy0AY.jpg

C1jtHso.jpg

ayS8B8Z.jpg

dZfN7UC.jpg

DYQXoel.jpg

Cc0Ffae.jpg

HXX09oY.jpg

BGKMnEJ.jpg

t3cdust.jpg

henristig":2vk0iip9 said:
Ok, yesterday I finally managed to get some half-decent shots of my pride and joy - the orange/white clockwork. After two weeks of pretty much non-stop rain the weather finally held up so I could go out and take some pictures. They were mostly just practise-shots to try and get the fluoro orange looking right (which is surprisingly hard!), so nothing too special, but I think a few of them came out quite natural - although perhaps a bit unsharp... I'd kill for a tripod right now.

The trails were extremely muddy and, consequentially, so was the clockwork, but I think the grime gives a nice flair to the pictures :D

WOW! That is a fab Clockwork. Love the photos – they are great – they'd look fantastic if used in an old Orange brochure. Fluoro orange is actually surprisingly difficult to photograph. Am now hankering after an orange/white fade scheme – does yours have the original paint or has it been repainted, etc?

groovyblueshed":2efxyqbu said:
henristig":2efxyqbu said:

WOW! That is a fab Clockwork. Love the photos – they are great – they'd look fantastic if used in an old Orange brochure. Fluoro orange is actually surprisingly difficult to photograph. Am now hankering after an orange/white fade scheme – does yours have the original paint or has it been repainted, etc?

Thank you, I'm delighted you enjoyed them! Actually, I also marvelled at the 'old brochure' vibe in some of those pics :D IMO the orange/white is THE color scheme to have on a classic Clockwork, no question about it. The frame is so immaculate because it has been repainted by Bob Jackson, and that's also why it's so insanely bright! I'd love to have a frame with the original paint job but I doubt it'd look as stunning as mine does now. However, I've become quite fond of these clockworks as of late so I was thinking I'd get a frame in the original orange/white as a backup in case someone decides to nick this beauty.

Looks like Bob Jacksons did a top class job. Sweeet!

Yeah, the orange/white is classic and iconic. It's the 'one'. I do quite like the blue/silver as in your photos. The yellow/white is a rarity – interesting to see one's appeared on RB recently. Some of the other colours Orange came up with were a bit hit and miss, imo.

Bitd (92/93), I bought a bare Clockwork frame and F7 nickel forks which were going spare at a local dealers (near Halifax). The frame was without decals and coated in ultra dark green (not quite black) with a fine teal speckle/sparkle in it. A bit of an odd one. Had to refurbish the frame as it was looking in a sorry old state. Had it powder coated in a sparkling green a year or so back, but now I'm wondering whether to redo it in the classic Clockwork scheme. Or an all over zingy orange.

Make sure you hang to your fab classic collection!

Excellent pictures H :cool: Never understood the fuss about orange bikes though. I think the master stroke was naming one after a certain film ;)

How does the ride of the clockwork compare to the vertex?

regards kev

Great pics man.
Really inspiring & have to say my rides end up being mini-photo sessions at times.

My little 17" Clockwork has just made way for a better fitting 19" Prestige frame also.

I like your DiamondBack also, that has a very racy look about it.

Thanks for the nice comments guys!

Kev - ye, the name is definitely the stroke of genious. And while we're at it I might as well confess that the color is what does it for me. :D Personally I prefer rigid over FS anytime, so for the general ride it has to be the clockwork, but it still doesn't cease to amaze me how flickable and responsive the DBR is. I set the elastomers at the loosest setting when I initially rebuilt the forks which made them quite soggy and I wasn't really impressed, but just last week I managed to change the elastomer setting from the loosest to the hardest which really made a HUGE impact. Now it just feels taut, fast and really pointy, although not quite as chunky and solid as my steel clockworks. It's my "special occasion" bike. :D

minor_Legend - I also have a 17'' and a 19'', which - according to all reason - should fit me better! I have to say though that I feel quite a bit more at home on my 17'', even though I look ridiculous on it :D Might have to change my habits and start riding the 19'' for the sake of public decency...

I still haven't introduced the Wheeler at all, so here goes. It's no MTB, but I still want to display it because I think it's so fantastically vulgar :D

EfaFLY5.jpg

gHMOCmx.jpg

a1n0h6O.jpg

3T3EsTU.jpg

YfMpJ8L.jpg

jmzxOWX.jpg

TRHPTds.jpg

Back