Armageddon days are here (again!!)

Walleater, yes, the Jah drop is.. unreal.

Some more parts are collecting: shock bushings, chainwheel, handlebar, chain device. For the last two i couldn't resort to using period correct parts: for the bars, I choose a flat ( keep that front end as low as you can, given the lenght of the fork); for the chain device, i did not whish to fumble with an old MRP or AC: nothing to compare with the neatness of a modern Truvativ or E13.

Next stop, some photos of the (more) complete-ish bike.
Still waiting for brake hoses to show up, though.

Oh, let me thank ( late, i know) all that have contributed: of course starting with Dan28, for bearing with me in two months of pestering him about getting that bike this side of the pond. That guy is top; his support ever exceeded all my expectations.

Another big thank to rumblytrypod, who sourced the crown-donor fork.

Also, thanks to Ingoshome and Ferkelmann on the German forum, who helped in sourcing obscure and convoluted parts, without them, this Karpy could never ride!

Bike is 95% complete.
Missing are only the brake hoses: some German steel is on the way....

A few actual photos.

As I said before, handlebar and chainguide happened to be modern items, just out of desire not to fuss with old technology for the chainguide, and will to get the front end as low as possible for the handlebar..

Quiz of the day: do you know what this is?

No prize for guessing it right, of course...

Attachments

• IMG_2842.jpg
    IMG_2842.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 5,432
  • IMG_2844.jpg
    IMG_2844.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 5,432
  • IMG_2840.jpg
    IMG_2840.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 5,433
  • IMG_2831.jpg
    IMG_2831.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 5,432
That would be a bombproof Hope Big Un front hub, check out my giant build thread I got brand new ones built onto new rims

glad to se it went to good home
any idea of the weight of the complete build
any photos of the mountains that you will ride it on

Hi Daniel, glad to hear back from you!!

I still have to weight it; as you may imagine lightness hasn't been my main concern...

This:
http://www.seggioviacaldirola.it

http://www.seggioviacaldirola.it/index. ... Itemid=110

used to be my playground, prior to my injury. It' a cute little bike park, 100 miles from my home; nice people, good riding and quite a lot of fun.
Almost my home away from home.

Some day I plan to get the Karpiel up there ( if the gondola hooks are beefy enough, that is!).

hi again, after a few months here is the completed bike.
changes are mostly in wheels department: laced a couple of Intense Mag30 rims to hope bigUn hubs.

Had also custom 9" rotors crafted for the BigUn hubs.

Let's only say that the maiden ride hasn't yet been done: bad weather and healing form my injury has prevented this to happen.
hope soon!!

Attachments

• IMG_2941.JPG
    IMG_2941.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 5,323
  • IMG_2942.JPG
    IMG_2942.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 5,323
Back